Songtrust is looking for a Royalties Intern for our virtual internship program. The purpose of this internship is to support a busy royalties department while learning about all facets of publishing day to day operations in a rapidly growing company. You will learn all about the different types of royalties and how they are processed; gaining a solid understanding of how royalties are generated, collected, and distributed to our clients. You will be introduced to specific software, as well as organizational and business processes, that will further your understanding of music publishing.
What you'll be doing:
- Organizing and maintaining royalty database
- Reviewing royalty statements for accuracy
- Processing incoming royalties in Music Maestro
- Assisting with downloading writer statements for distribution
- Various ad-hoc tasks characteristic of the department and company overall
- Comfortable and skilled in both written and verbal communication
- Someone who has an interest and basic understanding of music publishing
- Knowledgeable of the domestic PRO’s and major royalty administrators in the U.S.
- Able to identity the main royalty types collected by Publishers
- Skilled in Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets, and experienced in collecting, organizing, and manipulating large pools of data
- Confident carrying out projects from start to finish, and providing quality data
Why you want to work here:
- Paid Internship
- Fully virtual and remote opportunity
- An opportunity to work with some of the most talented professionals in the music industry in a casual and welcoming environment
- Weekly Q&A sessions with each department among a variety of our subsidiary brands
- A collaborative group project connecting the operations of multiple departments at Downtown
>>> Click on Apply Now to be taken to the application page.