Assist executives in the Distribution and Administration department in various capacities, such as providing support with research, inquiry resolution, on-going projects and general administrative tasks.
- Conduct research to identify external and internal administration/distribution related issues. Provide results to management, implement corrective measures, and if warranted, proceed with an adjustment request.
- Assist with special projects involving administration and/or distribution related issues.
- Conduct research of accounts with withheld royalties and prepare release request or an adjustment. Escalate discrepancies to manager.
- Navigate and conduct research from various web and database platforms.
- Communicate with BMI affiliates as required.
- Prepare expenses.
- General administrative duties: answering phones, filing, copying.
- Participate in continuous process improvement to ensure departmental efficiencies are identified, implemented and maintained.
- Create and manage weekly and/or monthly withheld royalties reports.
- Provide summary report on completed projects.
- Supports our BMI Values and cultivates a culture of diversity and inclusion.
- Regular attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Minimum 1 year related experience required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in basic math skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Results driven.
- Able to establish constructive and informative relationships with employees, management and industry colleagues.
- Able to interact professionally with a diverse employee population and with all levels of staff and management.
- Able to work independently and with good judgment.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize multiple assignments to meet deadlines.
- Familiarity with music industry preferred.
>>> Click on Apply Now to be taken to the application page.