Who we are
Hi we are a startup put together by a group of friends to build what we need: an app to solve our needs as music heads (⌐■_■)
At this first phase -currently on private beta- Crates.app is an advanced music collection management tool and a player, for desktop and mobile.
What makes it different is that it offers a fresh user experience, enabling users to optimise the grooming of their collection while having their whole library available to their devices - synced privately in peer-2-peer fashion.
We say "this phase" because we have a very audacious vision of how the project will unfold: we plan to realise our ideas on offering exciting new approaches around music discovery, recommendation, social interaction or just plain cool features!
All that while respecting creators and embedding strong ethics on the product from the grounds-up. Here's what we believe in:
Who we are looking for
- You are a passionate music lover - you live and breathe music. You will be Top user and Maker at the same time.
- You are ambitious and you want to move fast
- You are good technically but most importantly you know how to get the right things done
- You are opinionated but open, positive & motivated
(Even if you re not available, if these sound like you - ping us to connect regardless!)
The more experience in the above the better:
- Java 8+, design patterns, multithreading, performance optimisation tools, caching, ORM-SQL skills, REST, Lucene
- previous experience coding for desktop and/or music apps (relevant APIs). C++ skills for audio processing is a big plus
- any frontend experience (Angular, JS, Electron) is a plus - we prefer full stack autonomy
ability to commit for at least part time (>80h /month)
What we offer
>>> Click on Apply Now to be taken to the application page.