We’re on a mission to inspire the musicians of tomorrow.
By building the world’s virtual stage for music education we can provide inspiring music education content that is fresh, exciting and in-tune with the music young people listen to.
We believe that’s how we’ll equalise music education.
Virtuoso, sister-brand to FutureDJs, is an alternative future for music education and one of the most exciting challenger brands in ed-tech. And it is fast becoming the go to platform for end-to-end music education. We’ve been talked about in The Guardian, awarded Innovation Grants and we are working with some of the world’s most iconic music brands and artists including Spotify, Pioneer DJ, Goldie and Double Ivor Nominee, Ghetts.
We’re looking for an experienced, creative and digitally-driven Product Manager to join our team to develop and roll-out the course / content roadmap.
The best person for the role is someone who lives and breathes music, tech and education and already talks naturally and passionately about the subjects.
We are interested in highly-talented, organised individuals with initiative and experience. Candidates must have the ability to work hard, bring new ideas to the company and above all else be a fast learner. You will hit the ground running and be mission focussed. You can see the big picture but at the same time execute on the actions needed today.
The role’s main purpose is to work closely with the founding team and content teams to successfully manage the product roll-out strategy for our online courses and video content.
Joining the Virtuoso team will present a unique opportunity to create an incredible service from the ground up which can impact millions of lives. We are looking for an experienced, highly-organised, creative and digitally-driven product manager.
Some Key Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
Defining and implementing a compelling product strategy and vision for Virtuoso. You will have three key responsibilities: assessing product opportunities, defining the product to be built, and delivering the required solutions that will help the business achieve its goals.
- This role has responsibility across our own app, so you will need to work closely with the CTO and CPO to lead the strategic direction of UX/UI to deliver best in class digital products, whilst incorporating brand purpose and guidelines
- May require some high level input from CPO on more complex business issues or conversations
- You should work with and coordinate between key editorial, creative, commercial and technical teams to design and deliver the required products, measure their success and lead the prioritisation process and creation and maintenance of the roadmap
- You will work with our in-house content team to create content and courses that are highly inspirational, fun, scalable and have great outcomes
- Define and develop a product strategy for in house content and third party content based on the strategic vision and defined business objectives
- Continuous improvement of product and content, identifying and prioritising enhancements, communicating them to the business as required
- Build and maintain a product roadmap and backlog that enables synergies with Virtuoso wider digital strategy and product portfolio
- Develop relationships with FutureDJs/Virtuoso strategic partners and suppliers
- Use analytics and audience research to uncover and investigate user behaviour; to establish insight into product/content performance and to use this data to drive ideas, features and product improvements
- Monitor, summarise and report analytics and feedback from the user base or audience to measure performance of the product
- Agree budget with senior management and work within budget parameters. Develop and maintain business case in support of product(s)
You will have/be:
- Excellent product development skills and product life-cycle management including a great understanding of music and education
- Makes decisions relating to end to end product delivery
- Experience managing commercial and contractual relationships with third party suppliers and partners
- Excellent understanding and ability to apply industry knowledge, market awareness, audience research and analytics insights to product strategy and planning
- Demonstrable experience of making product decisions based on research, usage data, or predictions of either
- Understands and prioritises the needs of the product’s users either audience members or production teams
- Experience in project management
- Experience of end to end product delivery
- Significant experience working within new media, software development, broadcast, or related media sectors, delivering digital media roadmaps
Salary: £30,000.00 - £35,000.00 per year
>>> Click on Apply Now to be taken to the application page.