Reports to: CEO
RA is the world’s leading electronic music platform and ticket seller. We are seeking an experienced individual with a love of technology and knowledge of our industry, who will oversee and manage the Development Teams and Technical Operations (DevOps) of the company. Your existing understanding and rapid learning of our business will allow you to effectively align technology decisions with primary business goals.
As a driver of technical innovation and with a track record of brilliant project execution you will enjoy a hugely rewarding working environment that will allow you to significantly impact the future of RA, the music industry, and fans of electronic music. You will understand how technology drives the company and feeds into customer’s needs, business impact and our overall strategy. You will also understand the importance of leading teams via a good agile process and strict engineering practices such as XP. Continuous improvement, short feedback loops, collaboration, building scalable and high quality software should all be things that are very important to you.
A passion for Electronic Music is fundamental.
Roles and responsibilities
- Responsible for all aspects of RA’s technical services.
- Possess an in depth understanding of all RA services and the technology behind it.
- Responsible for the development and communication of our tech strategy.
- Working with multiple senior stakeholders within the business to ensure tech strategy prioritises developments that will add the most value to the business.
- Lead and coach the engineering team to maximise their performance, development, and growth, including the remote management of our Sydney team.
- Partner with HR to manage teams development plan and identify areas for individuals to improve and grow.
- Identification and assessment of new technologies that would provide the most benefit to RA and it’s users.
- Identify technical opportunities and risks for the business.
- Strong leadership and management skills, with a collaborative leading from the front attitude.
- Lead and coach the team through an agile process
- DevOps process and ensuring we are releasing high quality software.
- Working closely with our Head Of Product to shape product strategy, agree success criteria and manage the roadmap process.
- Understanding RA’s data and how we can utilise it to develop a better platform and new products.
- Manage the health of our platform and services.
- Continued optimisation of internal business systems.
- Maintain current information about technology standards and compliance regulations.
- Monitor technology and social trends that could impact the company.
- Manage the scalability and resilience for RAs payment gateways and greater e-commerce business
Tech and practices at a glance:
- Server and network administration, IT and DevOps.
- Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery.
- Cloud migration.
- .NET Core, .NET Framework, ASP.NET MVC, WebForms, Web API.
- MS SQL Server.
- Automated testing (Unit, Integration, Acceptance).
- TDD, Mocking, Dependency Injection, Clean Code and SOLID principles
- DDD and CQRS
- Modern JS ecosystem.
- Our passion is our profession.
- We are independent and we support independence.
- We support local scenes.
- We treat dance music as an art form.
- We champion the values of acceptance that underpin dance music culture.
- We care about the past, present and future of electronic music.
- We choose honesty over gain.
- We're always front left.