TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Mumbai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul, and Tokyo.
This high speed role requires a great deal of complex problem-solving across time zones, and tireless entrepreneurial spirit. You will be shaping the landscape of Music Publishing Partnerships and we expect you to find solutions and create opportunities with minimum hand-holding. We are largely unencumbered by red tape, but building process is a critical step towards scale - be prepared to build structures that empowers ongoing, sustainable rapid growth.
This position is located in Miami, FL.
About the Team:
The music business development team drives negotiations and fosters relationships with record labels and music publishers. We are tasked with creating and implementing the TikTok music strategy. The team helps drive growth and awareness of TikTok and the music and artists that thrive therein.
- Participate in negotiations and business development for music content licensing with music publishers and PROs/CMOs, with a focus on LATAM.
- Develop and execute music publishing licensing strategy; working cross functionally with product, legal, operations, marketing, and promotional teams.
- Develop and maintain quality working relationships with designated rights-holders.
- Conduct sophisticated analysis of the music marketplace to create future business strategy.
- 6+ years' experience in music or a related digital content industry, and ideally experience dealing with content/repertoire owners
- Extensive knowledge of LATAM markets
- regional music companies and societies, local media contacts, economic structures, payment mechanisms, local talent, etc.
- Spanish speaking skills a strong plus; bonus points for Portugese
- Pro-active team player
- Sophisticated understanding of and experience with streaming trends and economics
- Degree plus MBA or equivalent business qualification strongly preferred - Strong Excel, PowerPoint and presentation design skills
>>> Click on Apply Now to be taken to the application page.