About the role:
There is an exciting opportunity for a talented and ambitious individual to join Venue Lab’s leadership team as General Manager (Maternity Cover) for Printworks London, and play a pivotal role in the future of this venue. You will be responsible for reporting to the Director of Venues for managing all aspects of this venue.
To be successful you will have a proven track record of achievement in a senior leadership position within an events venue in a commercially focused role, with a good understanding of venue sales and operations. You will have a natural passion for customer service combined with strong commercial acumen. You will need to demonstrate a unique and innovative approach, a real ability to get things done and a strong understanding of how to drive the business forward.
What you’ll do:
- Responsible for the venue’s annual budget and P&L. Work closely with the central finance function to forecast, monitor and deliver expected revenue levels, as well as monitor and review costs and invoices throughout the role. Reconcile and sign off on monthly management accounts and be responsible for debt management.
- Develop and deliver Printworks London’s strategy in consultation with the leadership team. Coordinate and deliver filming and events across the venue.
- Work alongside the marketing team to plan, develop and deliver the venue’s annual marketing strategy and budget.
- Ensure an excellent client relationship is maintained and developed.
- Lead your team to ensure all events at the venue are successfully delivered. From enquiry stage, to contract negotiation, raising deposits, event delivery, invoicing, collecting post event feedback and securing repeat business.
- Take the lead on higher spend and more complex events enquiries to ensure we are converting this business.
- Confidently negotiate and navigate venue hire agreements (contracts).
- Diary and yield management to maximise sales and profit at all opportunities. Use of our diary management system ‘Event Works’.
- Implement new processes and procedures that aid growth and increased profits, ensuring we are always committed to best practice across the venue.
- Work with the Head of Operations and facilities management team to ensure that Printworks is fully compliant regarding its requirements under health, safety and environmental legislation and codes of practice.
- To manage and maintain positive working relationships with key suppliers including security, catering, production, cleaning and facilities management.
- Responsible for the performance and conduct of a team of direct reports in line with the venue policies and procedures.
- Recruit, interview, induct, train and appraise staff members in accordance with Company policy.
You will need to have:
- A proven track record of success in venue management roles.
- A proven track record of event sales.
- Previous managerial experience of peoples and venues, across a variety of venue uses, including music events, brand activations, various
corporate hire uses and filming.
- Willingness to ‘go the extra mile’, as well as leading strategic initiatives to increase profits and aid growth.
- Full awareness of health and safety, compliance, and environmental legislation and codes of practice.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- The ability to influence, direct, and inspire others.
This role is for an immediate start (roughly first week of December), so unfortunately we cannot consider anyone with a long notice period.
Applications offically close on Tuesday 10th November 2020. We reserve the right to close the role sooner if we receive a significant number of applications.
>>> Click on Apply Now to be taken to the application page.