October 2020 – June 2021
Reports to Deputy Director
The Digital Producer is the project lead for all digital programming in National Sawdust’s 6th season, charged with collaborating with artists and the NS team to create and execute original music-based digital content as well as digital donor cultivation events for National Sawdust’s digital stage and top social channels, including including Facebook, YouTube, Vimeo, and Instagram. The digital content executed will work to achieve National Sawdust’s mission, grow audiences, grow partnerships, build brand tent poles, and drive revenue. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with a good sense of humor who is able to work well in a small team, and has a visual aesthetic that is aligned to the National Sawdust brand.
- Create and oversee programming and technical production budget;
- Consult with development and marketing teams to ensure deliverables align with production needs;
- Prepare and manage estimates, budgets, and timelines and for project deliverables, tracking expenditures and status in order to operate within the approved budget.
- Oversee production, including managing and tracking artist deliverables and internal deadlines, and hiring additional video editors or freelancers as required;
- Arrange and negotiate all licensing and synch rights with music publishers, labels, and other parties as required;
- Artistic quality control – final signoff on video content prior to release;
- Manage partner and artist relationships together with Senior Curator and team;
- Collaborate with artists, artistic and tech teams to create strong visual storytelling and help manage the filming process as needed;
- 5-6 years of experience in video production, multi-media performing arts and/or visual media, as well as management experience as a director, production manager, coordinator, producer, or similar
- Music and/or performing arts experience and knowledge required.
The breadth of experience should include:
- Excellent project management and delegation skills, particularly in production and timeline management and facilitating workflow between artists, staff and freelancers.
- Client-facing experience, and the ability to speak to the production process in an easy, clear, and concise fashion.
- Continuously enhance creative solutions and problem-solving skills. A strong passion for exploring the latest technology and video trends.
- Strong knowledge of the production and post-production process including planning, budgeting, concepting, media integration, and audio-visual workflow: setup, multi-camera video/photo shoots, still/motion graphics, asset management, delivery, and quality control.
- Knowledge of best practices for video editing, sound mixing, graphics, videography, asset preparation, video encoding, media delivery.
- Knowledge of production equipment and gear, camera and lighting setups, and experience directing.
- Willingness to travel for in-person or in-venue filming.
Fee commensurate with experience, with increases as scope of work grows when program funding is secured.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without unlawful discrimination based on race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by law. National Sawdust is an equal opportunity employer.
Click the Apply Now button and please submit a cover letter and resume with Digital Producer in subject line
>>> Click on Apply Now to be taken to the application page.