We are now looking for a creative and passionate A&R Manager to join the Music team in Stockholm for a temporary position of 12 months.
How you will make an impact
As an A&R Manager you will coach our music creators, who write and produce music for our catalog. In this role, you will help them develop their skills as songwriters, producers, instrumentalists, and artists. You will serve as creative and strategic liaison between signed artists and Epidemic Sound. You will find, nurture, and maximize musicians to offer them the opportunity to partner with us to work, develop, and earn money from their music while soundtracking the globe. You will be responsible for each part of the musician experience including scouting, signing, music review and relationship management, release planning, and execution.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Scout, keep an eye out for emerging artists
- Sign new artists and negotiate artist deals with management/artist
- Act as label liaison with artists once they are signed to Epidemic
- Provide creative input and direction on artists’ material
- Set up collaborations between artists and producers and coordinate these (examples: remixes, featured artists, sessions)
- Oversee all aspects of the creative process - from demo to master, provide comprehensive feedback and make sure production runs smoothly and on schedule
- Day-to-day contact with a group of artists and make sure they feel supported creatively and nurtured
- Responsible for artists’ development and growth
- Coordinate, plan and monitor budget for artists projects
- Package artist projects in collaboration with Streaming and Design team
- Plan, coordinate and oversee a strategic roll out plan in collaboration with out Streaming department
- Work closely with other departments (ex: Streaming, Marketing, Design) to ensure commercial success for assigned artist projects both on streaming platforms and in terms of usage by Epidemic storyteller clients.
Who you are
To thrive and succeed in this role, we believe you are as passionate about music creation as you are about music discovery. You have a few years of professional experience as a producer, songwriter, recording engineer or mixing engineer, and have a great interest in a wide variety of music genres. You have a superb work ethic, drive and passion for the artist journey, as well as top-notch organization skills, able to manage several artists and projects simultaneously.
It would be music to our ears if you have/are:
- Professional background within an creative industry, preferably music production/songwriting
- Understanding of the music market, current trends, the artist lifestyle and their way of thinking
- An eye and ear for talent with commercial potential
- Over-the-top passion for music
- Broad connections in the music industry and creative environment. A network of musicians, artists, managers, influencers, and producers is a merit
- Self-motivator with a real go-getter attitude
- Excellent multi-tasking, organizational and prioritization skills
- Excellent at communicating and building relationships
- Based in Stockholm
- Fluent in English, verbal and written
>>> Click on Apply Now to be taken to the application page.