VICE x Team
The Music Supervisor EMEA role sits in our London Rights and Clearances team, reporting into the Director of Licensing (EMEA), with a strong dotted line into the Director of Music (based in LA). The Rights and Clearances (R&C) team manage the syndication and distribution of VICE's rights to 3rd parties and provide licensing support to multiple VICE production teams and LOB's across EMEA.
Role x You
As The music Supervisor you’ll handle all music licensing and placement needs from sourcing affordable, creative options to ensuring all necessary rights are secured within budget for all platforms across Vice digital, Vice Plus, Virtue, i-D and EMEA offices.
- Review third party music contracts and licenses to ensure compliance, keeping up to date with relicensing our music as required
- Source & negotiate music library rates; bring new artists to the team, being aware of new music and active in the industry.
- Encourage use of VICE’s internal library when suitable and liaise with the US Vice Music Publishing team to license accordingly.
- Manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously under strict deadlines and budgets.
- Training production teams on music licensing processes and Film Track training with delivering cue sheets across the UK and EMEA offices.
- Ensure cue sheets are complete for each production.
- Create new systems and workflow placements when faced with new or difficult areas of the job.
- Network with right-holders and nurture relationships within the industry
You’ll have these
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in a similar position in Music Supervision or Music Licensing, ideally in a Broadcast, Media, Advertising or Publishing setting. (Experience in more than on sector preferred.)
- A strong understanding of copyright and media law in the UK is essential, insofar as it is relevant to music.
- A self starter who can manage a varied workload, balancing day to day operations and long term projects, keeping the bigger picture in mind
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills both internally and externally, being able to concisely explain music licensing to those not knowledgeable on the intricacies.
>>> Click on Apply Now to be taken to the application page.