The Music Culture & Editorial team is looking for a Dance & Electronic Editor to join their team in the US!
The Editor will identify and curate first rate music playlist listening experiences in the dance & electronic genre. You demonstrate a passion for performance-oriented analytics, and will have your ear to the ground in the music community. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences dance music.
What You’ll Do:
- Curate and maintain a large number of playlists for different subgenres across the dance & electronic space
- Use cultural expertise to manage and lead new programming efforts
- Identify and substantiate playlist hypotheses for the US audience
- Utilize analytics and data to inform curation decisions, identify content gaps and achieve optimal performance of editorial content
- Collaborate with a global and regional editorial team on a variety of projects
- Partner with a cross-functional team to develop playlist brands, marketing campaigns, and other initiatives
- Provide a strong, unbiased editorial voice to build a first-class user experience
Who You Are:
- Experience in music programming/curation, or in an audience-focused role, is required.
- Ability to manage complex technical products.
- Passionate about music trends across the US and Canada.
- A nuanced sense of what music is appropriate for any situation.
- Strong project management skills.
- Good communicator/team player who can easily work cross-functionally.
- The ability to comprehend and productively respond to analytics.
- A strong understanding of, and experience with, Spotify as a user and fan.
- A friendly and warm attitude…we are a very tight-knit family!
- Keen attention to detail.
- A strong propensity to take initiative and absolutely thrive on change.
- Ability to travel when needed
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
>>> Click on Apply Now to be taken to the application page.