MSM Job Description
The MSM is the person primarily responsible for ensuring the smooth day to day running of PBLA in collaboration with the COO and for handling all aspects of PBLA’s student recruitment efforts whilst the company gets up to speed post BPPE licensing process. This is an important and influential role in the PBLA team.
The role includes facilities management and maintenance, student and career advice services, and contracting for goods and services. The Music School Manager, in conjunction with the COO provides the leadership, management and vision necessary to ensure that the school has the proper operational controls, administrative procedures, and facilities to ensure a high-quality student experience. The MSM is also responsible for helping prospective students enroll in the school by responding to inquiries, conducting interviews over the phone and in person, conducting school tours/Open Houses and walking students through the application and enrollment process.
- To ensure the smooth day to day running (operations) of the Los Angeles School;
- To uphold the image of Point Blank with special attention to how students perceive the School/our teaching standards/our facilities;
- To manage the instructors in conjunction with the CAO & COO;
- To recruit and manage assistants as and when necessary;
- Communicate course information and answer all inquiries promptly and efficiently
- Conduct studio tours and Open Houses for prospective students;
- Taking bookings for on-site courses over phone and in person;
- Maintain booking records in database;
- To handle student complaints and issues, escalate to COO as needed;
- To collaborate with Head of Admissions in London on scheduling of courses;
- To oversee Health and Safety measures – fire, first aid;
- To assist with any inspections as necessary e.g. BPPE;
- To monitor student success and pass on details to Marketing department;
- To update, suggest and implement new systems as appropriate for better running of the School;
- Managing daily tasks g. classroom cleanliness and preparation, security, student and instructor assistance, equipment signing in/out;
- Scheduling, organizing coverage as needed;
- Enforcing policies;
- Dealing with issues – timekeeping, etc;
- Training and development.
Instructor Management (in conjunction with the CAO & COO):
- Scheduling, organizing coverage as needed;
- Enforcing policies and procedures;
- Dealing with issues e.g. arising from poor student feedback/timekeeping;
- Organizing training;
- Monitoring attendance/timekeeping;
- Regular catch ups to discuss student progress and ideas for improvements;
- Maintaining and auditing faculty files as required of regulatory agencies (e.g. BPPE).
- Following up any issues with instructors/staff;
- Helping to track student success and passing on relevant details to Marketing
- Overseeing distribution and collection of student intro forms and end of module feedback forms;
- Inform instructors of students who have learning difficulties/health issues which may affect their classroom performance.
- Ensuring equipment, software and facilities are working and up to date;
- Planning and organizing maintenance weeks;
- Getting quotes for building/decorating works and booking tradesmen;
- Ensuring facilities are clean and tidy.
Health and Safety/Security:
- Organizing electrical testing, fire training, fire extinguisher maintenance, first aid training;
- Checking security measures are up to date and all staff are following
Organizing Open Houses, Masterclasses, other events:
- Coordinate with Head of Marketing to organize and ensure smooth running of Open House events, including workshops and masterclasses with PBLA instructors.
- Process applications for courses and maintain records on Point Blank’s database;
- Writing letters for students (visa etc);
- Ordering students’ software as required
- Liaising with CAO to maintain student attendance records;
- Acting as point of contact for students throughout their tenure with us.
Out of hours tasks:
- Dealing with instructor/staff issues – illness/accidents etc., organizing cover.
- Experience: At least 5 years of experience in a Music Industry and Educational setting.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Critical thinking
- Complex problem solving
- Collaboration and analytical skills
- Judgment and decision making
- Time management
- Management of personnel resources
- Demonstrated innovative and creative leadership, with a commitment to academic excellence and student success, possessing the ability to inspire and motivate faculty and staff to fulfill their responsibility to the maximum extent while providing high quality and accessible programs to students.
- Understanding and commitment to the mission and principles of PBLA.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with faculty, staff and students as well as other internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven ability to develop successful strategies for enrollment growth, student success and student retention.
- Ability to interpret and understand laws, statutes, rules, and regulations and apply them in the best interest of students and PBLA.