Manager, Digital Operations (India)
This position reports to Associate Director, Digital Operations based in Sydney, Australia
The Orchard (a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Music Entertainment ) is seeking an organized and motivated Manager, Digital Operations to join our Digital Operations team. The primary responsibilities for this role include administering multiple operations support queues, acting as a technical account manager with our digital retail network, and monitoring our delivery and supply chain.
Who We Are:
The Orchard (a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Music Entertainment) is a leading music distribution company operating in over 40 markets worldwide – distributing music from independent artists including Ozuna, Skepta, Jorja Smith, and Kelsea Ballerini. With cutting edge operations and an unparalleled global team, The Orchard partners with labels of all sizes to make their music and video available across hundreds of digital and physical retailers around the world. At The Orchard, the focus is to provide a comfortable, social and engaging environment to encourage productivity and creativity.
Sony Music Entertainment is a global recorded music company with a roster of current artists that includes a broad array of both local artists and international superstars, as well as a vast catalog that comprises some of the most important recordings in history. Sony Music Entertainment is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America.
● Utilize The Orchard's internal product to deliver albums to digital retailers worldwide
● Work in tandem with the rest of the Operations team to ensure the delivery of all in-house and
client content to our digital retailers
● Maintain off-hours coverage by working on weekends (Tuesday, Wednesday are preferred days
● Accurately and efficiently resolve issues via operations support queues (e.g. not on store/deliver
tickets); when needed, provide support for Rights Management queues (e.g. disputes, potential
claims). Ensure resolutions occur within the required SLAs.
● Assist with our internal Ops Concierge service when necessary, monitoring top priority releases,
making recommendations, and highlighting areas of concern
● Create and maintain reports monitoring the VECTOR delivery product
● Act as Operations contact for Digital Service Provider partners and Label Management staff
● Monitor compliance with partner specifications and style guides
● Closely monitor retailer delivery backlogs and work effectively to lower them
● Partner internally (label management, product development) and externally (digital service
providers, 3 rd parties) to identify, report and resolve issues quickly and accurately
● Consistently meet and/or exceed performance objectives
● 5+ years of work experience, preferably in the music or entertainment industry
● Strong verbal and written communication skills; fluency in English
● Strong multitasking and problem solving skills
● Deadline-oriented and extremely organized
● Familiarity with XML required; knowledge of DDEX strongly preferred
● Experience working with CMS and Digital Asset Management (DAM) systems
● Experience working with international retail partners
● Flexible team player who assists in a wide range of operations tasks and projects as they arise
● Ability to work across a multifunctional team successfully. Experience navigating complex
problems while partnering with all levels of the organization.
● Highly proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Suite
● Experience with SFTP and S3 clients, Command Prompt programs (including iTunes
Transporter), Looker, and SQL
● Knowledge of audio and video encoding formats
● Understanding of iTunes and Spotify style guides and scorecards
● Proven ability to lead a team