Location: Haggerston, London
Reporting into: Label Manager
Job Type: Full Time
Deadline: 26th October 2020
NCS is an independent record label based out of London UK, working with artists from around the world. A few names of which are; Alan Walker, Sub Urban, Unknown Brain, Syn Cole, Koven and many more. We release predominantly electronic/pop music and other electronic genres such as House, Future Bass, Trap, Dubstep, Drum & Bass and more.
What makes NCS different is that we allow and encourage content creators to use NCS releases for free on their YouTube video content, without the risk of a claim or a strike. This is an unconventional model to the traditional label industry that doesn’t allow content creators to use their music freely. The benefit of this model is that it allows us to get more exposure for our music by user-generated content on YouTube. If someone watches a video on YouTube and enjoys the music, they may then go and listen on Spotify, iTunes etc which is where ultimately the label and the artists profit.
At NCS we are looking to expand our team with individuals that are Passionate, Efficient, Innovative, Open-minded, Growth-orientated.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Develop a deep understanding of the NCS artist community, both qualitatively and quantitatively through online engagement and surveys.
- Play a leading role in the rollout of new releases, including supporting artists while simultaneously growing the NCS Community by keeping our users engaged and entertained and encouraging them to join the conversation, all in line with what our Company stands for.
- Track, analyse and report on the performance of our online community, analysing our own and competitors’ online marketing campaigns, identify and drive improvement opportunities.
- Identify and manage Community super-users, and create and execute online and offline events and experiences to drive our community of super fans.
- Collaborate with the internal team to develop creative content strategies and position the brand and tone of voice for audiences across our social media channels, discord and community platform, such as by doing give-away campaigns or community activities
- Build great relationships with influencers, and artists, keeping track of our artists’ and influencer channels and looking for content to share or interact with
- Be savvy across all social media platforms, and up to date with current digital and tech trends
- Take our brand-new website to the next level by growing our user communities, influencers and fans.
- A proven record of great social content writing and community manager; +2 years of experience in a similar role (background on content creation in the social space; experience in journalism is a plus but not a must).
- Paid advertising experience. You know your way around Google AdSense, YouTube and Facebook business manager.
- A storyteller. A creator. With great knowledge of how social and communities work, how to make great content to get their attention and start conversations.
- Experience in the music industry is a bonus, especially passion and knowledge about Dance and Electronic music and culture. Having worked as an artist manager, blogger, marketing manager, publicist – anything that gives you context on our community and business model.
- An excitement to learn. Social media and advertising is constantly changing. You need to have a finger on the pulse of the digital space and be excited to learn more as it evolves.
- Willing to try, not afraid to fail. the courage to ask for help when uncertain, and the capacity to think creatively are strengths we would value