Location: Haggerston, London
Reporting into: Label Manager & Lead Designer
Job Type: Full Time
Deadline: 5th October 2020
NCS is an independent record label based out of London UK, working with artists from around the world. A few names of which are; Alan Walker, Sub Urban, Unknown Brain, Syn Cole, Koven and many more. We release predominantly electronic/pop music and other electronic genres such as House, Future Bass, Trap, Dubstep, Drum & Bass and more.
What makes NCS different is that we allow and encourage content creators to use NCS releases for free on their YouTube video content, without the risk of a claim or a strike. This is an unconventional model to the traditional label industry that doesn’t allow content creators to use their music freely. The benefit of this model is that it allows us to get more exposure for our music by user-generated content on YouTube. If someone watches a video on YouTube and enjoys the music, they may then go and listen on Spotify, iTunes etc which is where ultimately the label and the artists profit.
At NCS we are looking to expand our team with individuals that are Passionate, Efficient, Innovative, Open-minded, Growth-orientated.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Provide dedicated multimedia creative support to the internal business as well as supporting our artist campaigns with bespoke assets
- Establish close working relationships with internal teams to understand the challenges and objectives for individual projects
- Working in partnership with our Lead Designer to create industry-leading assets that adhere to brand guidelines and align with business goals deadlines
- Developing teaser video & 'out now' assets for our releases
- Designing ad-hoc visuals for our website, events, special projects and branding that both adhere to brand guidelines and are visually engaging, using a variety of image types and media (PSD, Video, PNG/JPEG etc) and basic HTML/CSS
- Keep up to date with emerging digital trends and technologies, as well as sharing insights with the internal team and feeding into the decision process around developing and delivering new assets and content
- 2+ years of experience in graphic design and video production, especially in a technology company, with experience of illustration and visual design, from initial conception to final implementation
- Fluency with computer graphics programs, such as Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, , After Effects, Premiere), Sketch, Figma and more.
- Willingness to work with different media formats and to learn new skills
- Taking ownership of deliverables and hitting deadlines, sometimes at short notice
- Have excellent organisational skills, impeccable attention to detail, possess clear and confident communication skills, work well under pressure and be able to prioritise workload in a dynamic environment
- Have common sense, the courage to ask for help when uncertain, and the capacity to think creatively are strengths we would value.