We are Frills, and we are based in Berlin. We support electronic music artists to live their dreams by providing customised holistic services artists need in their careers. Our primary focus is artist development; we help to shape artist profiles. Our goal is to inspire artists with our creativity, our network, our expertise. We combine a high level of knowledge and experience in all fields of the music business, but with a strong understanding of the needs of the underground scene. We are enthusiastic when it comes to our job; we love to contribute our very best to the underground Techno & House world. We know where we are coming from, and we always will stay true to our roots. We have a responsibility towards the culture we are living for. We are real ravers by heart.
We are looking for someone to join our crew, who’s like us and has some exceptional skills, excellent knowledge and experience.
(Junior) Project Manager (Recorded Music/Artists)
- +3 years of work experience in the music industry (position at record label, artist management, music distributor or similar) with a proven track record of successful projects.
- A deep-rooted passion for House and Techno, love for the music and culture, strong understanding of the international artist, media, club and festival landscape.
- A deep understanding of the music business – music marketing (digital and physical), music publishing, sync licensing, mechanical rights, neighbouring rights, etc.
- Experience in working closely with electronic music artists
- Flawlessly structured and strong organisational skills, a hands-on mentality, multi-tasking capability to lead multiple projects under pressure at the same time with a lot of attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- An extensive global network of contacts in the electronic music scene (industry, artists, labels, promoters, media, etc.) would be helpful.
- Experience with office software (Microsoft/Google), project management tools, label management/royalty accounting software
- Excellent communication in English, fluency in German would be a plus.
- You love to work, you know how to party
That’s the job:
- Project management for our artists, directly involved in almost every aspect of our artist’s career and their record labels and (event) brands.
- Manage, coordinate, plan and drive all tasks and aspects of our artist projects, such as record releases or events from the early planning stage until the completion.
- Create, coordinate and maintain timings, schedules, roadmaps and budget plans.
- Setup and administrate projects for our whole cross-functional crew using project management tools such as Asana, liaise with marketing, creative, legal, finance, booking management and managing director.
- Contract management/administration.
- Central point of contact for all for assigned projects for the internal crew, involved partners, suppliers and stakeholders, such as distributors, neighbouring rights agencies, pressing plants, PR agencies, etc.
- Support our artists and our crew in label management, music licensing, royalty
- Be the regular contact person for our artists; constant communication is the key to success.
- Accounting, music marketing, artist development, music registration at collecting societies (GEMA), etc.
- Make order out of chaos by supporting our artists in all day-to-day business in their careers, help with all concerns, be a troubleshooting problem solver.
- Provide reports and keep everyone on track with updates. Monitor and analyse data from multiple sources, including DSPs and social media channels.
This position offers a multitude of career opportunities. We are a new artist agency with the intention to grow in the next years. Become an essential part of the initial start-up crew, build the new agency together with us from scratch, make it your own baby, grow personally with it and maybe even take over leadership responsibility for all following team members in the future. We offer you a desk in our beautiful office in Berlin-Kreuzberg with free fruits and free beer and free coffee just as much as you want.
Place of work: Berlin (no permanent remote work)
This job is a full-time permanent position, not a freelancer position.
If you are interested in this position, send us your complete application documents by uploading them here. Let us know your salary expectations and earliest possible availability, too.
Contact Person: Mr. Aga Heller