We are Frills, and we are based in Berlin. We support electronic music artists to live their dreams by providing customised holistic services artists need in their careers. Our primary focus is artist development; we help to shape artist profiles. Our goal is to inspire artists with our creativity, our network, our expertise. We combine a high level of knowledge and experience in all fields of the music business, but with a strong understanding of the needs of the underground scene. We are enthusiastic when it comes to our job; we love to contribute our very best to the underground Techno & House world. We know where we are coming from, and we always will stay true to our roots. We have a responsibility towards the culture we are living for. We are real ravers by heart.
Marketing is an essential part of our strategy. And we know how subtle marketing has to be in the underground electronic music world. We know how to create a buzz without losing integrity and without getting labelled as "sell-out". We do not believe in hypes. We preserve the integrity and credibility of artists by exercising a level of nuance and self-awareness with no compromises.
We are looking for someone to join our crew, who's like us and has some exceptional skills, excellent knowledge and experience.
Marketing Manager (Music/Artists)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in marketing or a related field.
- +5 years of experience in music or lifestyle marketing/communication with a proven track record of successful campaigns in a responsible role.
- Broad experience in various fields of marketing and PR – digital, social media, brand, content, experiential, etc.
- A deep-rooted passion for House and Techno, love for the music and culture, strong understanding of the international artist, media, club and festival landscape.
- Structured, strategic thinker with strong organisational skills. Experience in developing and executing holistic marketing campaigns with a hands-on mentality. Multi-tasking capability to lead various projects under pressure at the same time.
- Some people think marketing always has to be "in your face". You know there are way smarter ways to increase awareness and how to create a hype. You think outside the box and develop your own creative strategies. You have a passion for solutions and innovative marketing and communication concepts.
- An extensive global network of contacts in the electronic music scene (media, artists, labels, promoters, etc.).
- An extensive network to various marketing agencies and vendors (graphic designers, photographers, copywriter, PR agents, performance managers, web designers, etc.).
- Excellent communication in English, fluency in German would be a plus.
- You love to work; you know how to party.
That's the job:
- Music and artist marketing all the way: Shaping thoughtful and effective artist development and brand marketing strategies, defining long-term tactics and concepts to boost the reputation and awareness of our artists and their brands, using all marketing channels you know and even the ones you do not know, creating new brands (events, record labels etc.), developing and maintaining artist profiles, managing global marketing and promotion activities, deploying marketing campaigns and own their implementation from ideation to execution.
- Define social media concepts, content strategies and entire campaigns. Supervise content production, performance marketing, editorial management and community management. Realise collabs with media and partners, coordinate event promotion with promoters, communicate with followers, measure and analyse results and create reports.
- Develop strategies for ongoing PR campaigns, identify, manage and develop relationships to media and other partners and cultivate new contacts, ensure consistent global media coverage, supervise copywriter and external PR partner.
- Increase the performance of our artists on the internet. SEO, AdWords campaigns, banner campaigns.
- Create direct marketing concepts and strategies - newsletters, mailing lists, loyalty strategies for fans and followers, ambassador program, etc.
- Work closely with the whole team. Because marketing for artists and music is an essential part of artist management, record label and booking management strategies, our marketing crew works closely with the rest of our gang. It's all about a holistic approach for our artists.
- Oversee and guide marketing and promotion activities of partners (promoters, record labels, etc.)
- Accurately monitor and report the results of campaigns and set quality standards.
- Manage marketing budgets, allocate expenses within budget allowances
This position offers a multitude of career opportunities in marketing and artist management. We are a new company with the intention to grow in the next years. Become an essential part of the initial start-up crew, build the new agency together with us from scratch, make it your own baby and take over leadership responsibility for all following team members. We offer you a desk in our beautiful office in Berlin-Kreuzberg with free fruits, free coffee and free just as much as you want.
Place of work: Berlin (no permanent remote work)
This job is a full-time permanent position, not a freelancer position
If you are interested in this position, send us your complete application documents by uploading them here. Let us know your salary expectations and earliest possible availability, too.
Contact person at Frills: Mr. Aga Heller