Who are we?
iMusician was founded with a rebellious spirit and a lofty goal: Tear down the walls erected by the music industry that keep independent artists and labels locked out.
We believe that music shouldn’t just be a hobby; musicians deserve to be paid. We truly believe that everyone should have equal access to the marketplace -- and we’ve already fought for this to happen. That’s why we strive to make it easy for you to sell, manage, protect, and monetize your music. When you become more financially sustainable, you make more music. It’s as simple as that.
What do we do?
We distribute music from independent artists and labels to hundreds of music platforms like iTunes, Spotify, Amazon, Deezer or Beatport, we then collect royalties from publishing and neighboring rights from collecting societies.
Our Berlin office is the hub for our Global Marketing and Customer Support teams, working with our international team in Zurich, we are growing rapidly.
What do we offer?
iMusician has an exciting job opportunity for a marketing professional who wants to help musicians reach their audience. You will be part of our Growth Marketing team, and will be responsible for running our iMusician YouTube channel.
What are we looking for?
Based in our Berlin office, we are looking for a Video Channel Manager & Creator (between 80%-100%). Under the supervision of the Head of Growth Marketing, the position includes, amongst other things:
- Create and manage the global iMusician YouTube Channel strategy; make recommendations based on channel performance and create plans for continual optimisation.
- Create, brief and Edit videos to ensure a regular programming schedule is maintained across our video channels
- Write storyboard and copy for videos aligned with our corporate strategy & styleguide.
- Working with our Design and Content managers, provide feedback on Video Content creation.
- Provide expertise in all areas including: content scheduling, programming, partnerships, advertising, playlist creation, metadata (effective titling, descriptions and tags), thumbnails, and channel and community management/engagement.
- Work with our growth marketing team to create global tactics that build sustainable growth across all regions.
- Provide detailed reporting per channel/region and provide recommendations.
- Review & analyse the competitors’ video strategy to be able to identify potential risks and opportunities within the industry and from new or existing competitors.
- You have a minimum of 2 years experience in videography/video editing/video content creation and YouTube Channel Management.
- Creative strategist who is driven by data; experience building actionable channel growth plans that yield results
- Holistic understanding of the many levers involved in growing a YouTube channel, from advertising to content strategy, thumbnail optimization to partnerships
- Strong organisational skills with experience working in a fast-paced environment with multiple languages and projects.
- Experience using Google Analytics and YouTube analytics to guide decisions.
- Familiarity with the music industry and standards is a plus.
- Ideally you own your own YouTube Channel or have run channels for others previously, and are YouTube Certified.
- Native in English. Any additional language is a plus.
Why work for us?
- Highly motivated, international team of music lovers and marketing professionals.
- High degree of autonomy, with a coaching approach from management.
- Regular, scheduled feedback.
- Flexible working times and the option to take unpaid leave on top of your regular holidays
- Centrally located, modern office in the beautiful “Bergmannkiez” (Kreuzberg)
- Regular Team Events and lunches, as well as Friday Beers (and the occasional Caipi)
- Monthly bonus for achieving company revenue targets.
If you have got a strong acumen for digital marketing and are looking to build your career in an exciting music and technology company, we’d love to hear from you!
>>> Click on Apply Now to be taken to the application page.