The A Side: A Day in The Life
Eagle Rock Entertainment is the world’s largest producer and distributor of music programming for cinema, TV, DVD and Digital Media. Eagle produces quality HD programs, both concerts and documentaries, directly alongside artists including The Rolling Stones, Madonna, Mumford & Sons, Paul McCartney, Imagine Dragons, Black Sabbath, Katy Perry, and OneRepublic. Eagle is a multiple Grammy® Award winner and has received numerous multi-platinum sales awards around the world.
The Catalogue & Commercial Marketing Manager will drive global initiatives around our vast audio-visual catalogue, communicating on a regular basis with all operating companies and affiliates around the world to understand what campaigns will work for them locally, and to demonstrate the value inherent in that catalogue.
This role requires excellent communication, interpersonal skills and a commercially focused, proactive approach; and will work with various stakeholders within Eagle Rock, UMG globally and third parties to deliver ambitious revenue targets.
The B Side: Skills & Experience
- Develop and implement the most creative, compelling and effective marketing campaigns for the Eagle Rock catalogue in all operating markets around the world
- Drive catalogue revenues across all territories, including collating feedback from local sales, digital and marketing teams to understand their key physical retailers, what opportunities they represent and delivering suitable campaigns for them to implement
- Own the P&L on all campaigns and ensure Finance and Business Affairs approval is gained before any local campaigns are activated
- Deal with artist management (in liaison with Business Affairs) where approvals are required for any product to be included in any campaign, and to clarify ideas and strategies
- Work with Sales to maximise new catalogue release sell-in and campaign opportunities at retail
- Also, with Sales, work closely with Commercial Affairs to ensure campaigns are dynamic, timely and relevant to our international retail partners; and work to be included in artist-specific campaigns devised by Commercial Affairs, where possible
- Devise a strategy that will work on an international basis for as many markets as possible and manage a balance of projects that are being campaigned at any one time
- Project manage new releases on an ad-hoc basis
- Create best practise documents to share with the markets, spotlighting successes around the world for potential adoption in other territories
- Working with the ER Creative Team, commission marketing assets as required to help support campaigns around the world
- Where appropriate, develop UK marketing plan to help underpin any partner catalogue / campaign activity, working closely with the Digital Marketing Manager and line manager, amongst others
- Regularly communicate to the business active, upcoming and recently ended campaigns, with a summary of results and learnings
- Maintain a master global campaign diary, with full details of partners, products, pricing, third party involvement (eg media brand support) and share on a regular basis with the ER International Marketing team
- Be flexible to support and deliver any ad hoc opportunities that come along
- Attend relevant departmental / team / company meetings
- Experience in a similar role – must have experience of project ownership and working in teams on campaigns
- Commercially led proactive hard worker and energetic, positive team player
- Proven innovator; highly creative individual who is digitally savvy and experienced.
- Ability to learn quickly and use own initiative in terms of problem solving
- The ability to contribute to creative ideas and solutions
- Excellent communication skills - able to communicate effectively to colleagues, key internal and external stakeholders, as well as being comfortable asking for direction when unsure
- Good IT skills, i.e. Microsoft Office and the ability to learn relevant UMG in-house systems, eg Swift, Uniport, SharePoint, Box etc.
- Passionate and knowledgeable about a wide range of music, including knowledge of Eagle Rock and UMG’s audio-visual catalogue
- Tactful and diplomatic, personable and co-operative approach
- Experience of work where attention to detail/accuracy is essential
- Highly organised, flexible approach to work with the ability to keep calm under pressure, prioritise own workload and deliver to deadlines
- Self-motivated with the ability to deal with the routine tasks as well as the more interesting aspects of the role
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
- Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 paid days of annual leave
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan available
- Holiday Purchase scheme
- Dental and Travel Insurance options
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Cars
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.
>>> Click on Apply Now to be taken to the application page.