Position Type: Internship
Session: Fall 2020 (September 14 – December 4, 2020)
SiriusXM + Pandora have joined together to create the world's largest audio entertainment company, and we want you to be a part of it! SiriusXM + Pandora interns don't make coffee. They're on-air, writing code, working on projects and making valuable contributions to the company. Join our internship program and learn about the world of audio entertainment and get hands-on experience in the media industry.
SiriusXM + Pandora is looking for interns with a love for radio, a passion for all musical genres and some production experience! Interns will work directly with music programmers and producers to learn the ins and outs of how our music channels and live shows are created.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Edit and ingest audio for on air programming including, interviews, guest DJs and performances.
- Assist with maintenance of music database through scheduling (Music Master) and metadata (Galaxy) software.
- Assist with building specialty programming in automation system.
- Load promos and specialty imaging.
- Compile playlists for mix shows to be reported to music labels.
- Perform show preparation for on-air talent (concert dates, news, etc).
- Interact with listeners through e-mail and on-air phone screening.
- Shadow artist studio sessions; including in studio performances and interviews and/or zoom sessions.
- Participate in on-air content.
- May assist with music archiving.
- Perform other duties as required.
- You must be 18 years of age or older.
- Internships are open to current students enrolled at a university and recent graduates who graduated within the 12-month period prior to the start of the internship.
- Current or previous enrollment in communications classes preferred.
- Broadcast communications and related majors preferred.
- Experience in radio/TV a plus.
- Experience with digital media systems (Photoshop, Adobe, video editing) a plus.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Good project management and planning skills.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to details skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
- Appreciate for all genres of music and knowledge of various music styles.
- Familiarity with SiriusXM + Pandora programming.
- Multilingual abilities a plus.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Knowledge of Broadcast Automation/On-Air software a plus.
- Experience with digital editing software (Cool Edit, Pro Tools, Adobe Audition) preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
Please note that all SiriusXM + Pandora internships are paid.
>>> Click on Apply Now to be taken to the application page.