Job Title: Content Marketing Executive
Based in: Theale, Berkshire
Reporting to: European Digital Marketing Manager
The Company: Roland Europe Group Ltd
Roland is a world leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of electronic musical instruments including pianos, keyboards and synthesizers, guitar products, electronic percussion kits, digital recording equipment, amplifiers and audio processing devices.
To drive and develop Roland’s European content marketing plan by liaising with global and local teams to co-ordinate, create & schedule content marketing activities.
Reporting to the European Digital Marketing Manager, you’ll deliver impactful and engaging content as part of contributing to the content marketing strategy for Roland and its sub-brands across Europe. This includes all aspects of content creation including planning, production, SEO and analytics to deliver commercial results for the business and agreed KPI’s.
Data driven, you’ll collect insight on content opportunities, and turn this insight into practical content plans to deliver exciting content across the product lifecycle, customer journey and local markets to engage target customers and nurture them towards a sale, while keeping a balance of content across the various content channels.
Although there is a focus on written content, you’ll also need to have experience in creating or curating high-quality content in the visual space – including photography and video.
This hands-on role will suit someone who is passionate about acquiring and helping musicians towards making relevant purchases. A strong interest in music / musical instruments, with good content marketing, SEO and analytics skills is essential. A content editor background is ideal, while fluency in a European language would be a bonus.
- Help develop the overall content strategy for Roland and its sub-brands including content planning, production and promotion to support the brand, its products and services and deliver commercial results.
- Target customers and prospects with thought leading content to build positive sentiment and enhance their customer journey
- Work with product management, digital and local teams to gather insight to feed into content planning process. Conduct market research where relevant.
- Evaluate existing content created; identify gaps to fill and feed this back into the content planning process
- Provide insight into what type of content works on various social/digital platforms, and keep up to date with the latest research, trends and tools to continuously improve our marketing efforts.
- A/B test different content types, copy, promotion and more to improve campaign performance
- Ensure all content is on brand with a consistent tone of voice and is fully optimised for SEO.
- Actively keep abreast of competitor and non-competitor/best in class activity in this area to inform strategic decisions
- Identify and implement changes to on-going strategy based on data and feedback
- Co-ordinate internal, remote and freelance resources to produce content in line with content plans, brand guidelines, target audiences and personas
- Manage the briefing and editing process to ensure approved content is optimised and published in line with set deadlines
- Be prepared to write content where appropriate, including for email, paid ads and for use by channel partners across relevant activity
- Ensure that content is commercial, on-brand and optimised for search
- Develop creative content approaches for use in prospecting, remarketing or nurture campaigns
- Write, test, and optimise landing pages
- Co-ordinate content promotion and publishing teams to ensure content is optimised, published and promoted to achieve maximum reach and engagement for all content pieces.
- Identify opportunities for content outreach via 3rd party websites
- Seek out and build target custom audiences to deliver relevant content
- Work with the influencer team to identify key influencers / channels who can help promote content on our behalf
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- Min 2+ years in a content role (either agency or client side) preferably within the retail/e-commerce industry.
- Must have developed and managed complex, cross channel content calendars containing multiple projects. Show strong trafficking, scheduling and delivery background.
- A great storyteller with a commercial, data-driven mindset
- Exceptional writing and editing skills with experience of writing copy for each stage of the customer purchase journey
- Knowledge of the Adobe Creative Cloud (especially Photoshop and PremierePro) is a bonus.
- Solid understanding of SEO and have good SEO tools and techniques experience (e.g SEMrush, Moz, Google Keyword Planner etc)
- Experience with Analytics - interpreting analysis, reporting and using data for decision making. Offer insights into tactics that will increase online engagement
- Understand the importance of data in defining and reshaping user journeys and goals
- Be a team player who can both guide and mentor content creators (writers, filmmakers, etc) and roll up their sleeves to deliver the content themselves
- Excellent communicator – you’ll be working with colleagues across the globe, in various departments and at different levels of seniority.
- Have a clear understanding of digital and social media channels, and the communication opportunities within these areas
- Demonstrate the ability to take a complex technical story and make it accessible to a wide audience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, working on multiple projects at once, and meeting deadlines
- Desire to expand and develop your digital marketing skills
- Additional language is a plus
- Experience / knowledge of the music products industry is a must
- Competitive Salary
- Private Healthcare
- Contributory pension
- Onsite parking
- Company Doctor
>>> Click on Apply Now to be taken to the application page.