Sony Music Entertainment is a global recorded music company with a roster of current artists that includes a broad array of both local artists and international superstars, as well as a vast catalog that comprises some of the most important recordings in history. Sony Music Entertainment is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America.
We need you to bring your vision and passion to a team dedicated to reimagining music through immersive media. The Lighting Artist will play a key role in lighting and optimizing art assets for immersive media content creation.
- Collaborate with technical art and design teams to create high quality lighting for a wide range of environments and assets.
- Maintain consistent style throughout the overall experience.
- Create and implement pipelines for baked and dynamic lighting systems.
- Create and implement custom shaders.
- Optimize around the constraints of each target platform, within set budget restrictions.
- Create and maintain lighting guidelines and best practices documentation.
- Contribute innovative and original ideas towards all aspects of production and development.
- 3-5 years of professional experience, including a portfolio demonstrating technical expertise in a variety of real-time lighting techniques (baked, dynamic, etc.).
- Immaculate attention to detail, including ability to use light, shadow, and color for various types of tones and moods.
- Expert understanding of lighting, shading and composition.
- Advanced to expert knowledge of Unreal Engine 4, Blueprint system and text-based scripting languages.
- Proficiency with color grading and shader development
- Expert experience with current 3D tools such as 3DS Max, Maya, Blender or equivalent.
- A strong understanding of art fundamentals.
- Minimum 2 shipped AAA game titles with a focus on lighting.
- Strong artistic and aesthetic skills, principles and POV.
- Virtual reality and frame rate optimization experience.
- Passion for building fun, intuitive and interactive environments.
- Self-motivated with drive for excellence.
- Excellent written, verbal and team communication skills.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
>>> Click on Apply Now to be taken to the application page.