The Product Specialist drives training, promotional, and sales growth efforts for Korg USA’s Music Technology product portfolio by creating content and experiences that engage, excite, and educate internal and external customers. He/she will utilize his/her technical and musical abilities to create compelling product-focused livestreams, tutorials, and support materials, as well as orchestrate impactful in-person demonstrations and training.
The Product Specialist will help to vet and train per-diem Field Specialists across the country to increase support for, and knowledge of, Korg USA’s products and technologies, either in-person or virtually.
This role reports to the Music Technology Brand Manager and interfaces daily with Marketing, Sales, and Development teams at Korg USA.
ACCOUNTABILITIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Create powerful content that persuades customers to buy, use, and recommend Korg USA’s products
• Be the lead on product livestreams, how-to videos, episodic content, and similar video efforts that promote Korg USA’s Music Tech
Brands and, as part of a team, provide input on official product videos, social efforts, and supporting marketing materials
• Orchestrate and host regular training for internal personnel on core and upcoming products, in person or virtually
• As a specialist and a brand ambassador in the field, train retail staff and consumers on Korg products and increase awareness and
excitement for the Brand in person or virtually
• Demonstrate and advocate products at tradeshows and other events.
• Coordinate with per diem Specialists for retail visits/travel, and video efforts
• When in the field, or via an assigned Field Specialist, gather feedback from key store personnel and report it to Korg USA’s Brand,
Marketing, and Sales managers for the purposes of refining messaging, countering competitive activities and creating targeted content
• Lead tech-side support of all shows and events (what gear to bring, as well as what wiring to make it all work)
• Work with closely with the Music Technology Brand Manager on proprietary projects not specifically outlined here that help to increase
sales, awareness, and advocacy of Korg USA products and Brands
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
• Demonstrate a genuine and boundless enthusiasm for our products and leverage that to be the go-to resource for all product-related
training and demonstrative activities
• Ability to play and program instruments such as keyboards, drum machines, and sequencer-based products
• Excellent organizational and time management skills; must be able to independently manage a diverse workload while meeting
• Strong presentation skills; must be comfortable speaking at varying technical levels in person and on camera
• Working knowledge of Word, Excel, PPT, Music DAWs required
• OBS, Adobe Premiere, video recording, and editing experience preferred
• Ability and availability to travel up to 30% of the time
• Possess the diplomacy necessary to develop strong rapports with Korg USA and retail personnel, artists, and members of the media
• Must demonstrate the desire and drive for continual self-improvement in all relevant areas
Education preferred: Four-year college degree in Music, Business or related field preferred.
>>> Click on Apply Now to be taken to the application page.