Imagine being a part of an agile team where your ideas have the potential to reach millions. Picture working on cutting-edge consumer-facing products, where every single team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to Amazon Music, where ideas are born and come to life as Amazon Music Unlimited, Prime Music, and so much more.
Everyone on our team has a meaningful impact on product features, new directions in music streaming, and customer engagement. We are looking for new team members across a variety of job functions including programming, software engineering/development, marketing, design, ops and more. Come join us as we make history by launching exciting new projects in the coming year.
Our team is focused on building a personalized, curated, and seamless music experience. We want to help our customers discover up-and-coming artists, while having access to their favorite established musicians. We build systems that are distributed on a large scale, spanning our music apps, web player, and voice-forward audio engagement on mobile and Amazon Echo devices, powered by Alexa to support our customer base. Amazon Music offerings are available in countries around the world, and our applications support our mission of delivering music to customers in new and exciting ways that enhance their day-to-day lives.
Our Team is looking for an experienced professional to define and push forward our music programming strategy for Canada. Senior Music Curator for Amazon Music Canada will be responsible for driving customer engagement through the creation and maintenance of playlists and streaming radio stations and related curatorial tasks crucial to the quality of the Amazon Music customer experience.
This leader will set a path towards iteration and improvement by learning about our customers and their behavior through the collection and analysis of data.
This leader will work closely with Artist/Label Relations, Content Acquisition, Marketing, Voice, Product and Site Merchandising teams on customer- and partner-facing initiatives.
The Senior Music Curator Manager will also work with Product and Engineering teams to ensure that both internal and external experiences are best-in-class.
· Deliver high quality music programming including playlists and stations
· Create and manage a rolling editorial calendar
· Conceive and execute a continuous content improvement process
· Drive improvements of tools and techniques required to support a growing curated music offering
· Work with the Content Licensing and Vendor Management teams to identify content to include in the service
· Use data to continuously refine our content offering to ensure a fresh and compelling user experience for each customer
· BS/BA required
· 5+ years in work experience in radio programming, A&R, music curation, and/or running an editorial calendar
· Proven success in delivering results in a fast-paced, rapid-growth environment
· Knowledge of current trends and history in both music and the music industry
· Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and recommendations
· Ability to think creatively, deal with ambiguity, and manage changing priorities
· Proven track record of taking ownership and driving result
· Demonstrated experience of driving process and tool improvements
· Relentlessly high standards
· Ability to think both strategically and tactically
· Flexible and nimble, able to swiftly react to a shifting landscape
· Experience working across cultures and languages
· Exceptional interpersonal, influencing, and communication skills (written and verbal)
· Expects and requires innovation of her/his team
· Thinks big and has convictions
· Has the innate ability to inspire passion in others
· Extensive industry network with broad music industry awareness
· Bilingual - French/English
>>> Click on Apply Now to be taken to the application page.