Interested in music and believe in creating a level playing field for artists? Read further!
BCGDV is launching a new venture which advances commercial opportunities for independent musicians, by simplifying their creative content management and rights administration. Partnering with one of Berlin’s most reputable digital distribution companies for indie-labels, our product-focused venture team is looking to streamline and democratize the music business workflows for users.
The venture rethinks how artists manage and release their music, which is currently fragmented and ambiguous for creators. The platform smoothens these processes, leveraging cloud computing, advanced analytics & automation, all with a razor-sharp focus on the end-user - the musicians. Backed by an established player within the industry, BCGDV is building a team of fellow music-lovers to take over from MVP-stage and strengthen the proposition further. We are currently looking for a Senior Full Stack Engineer to drive the technology efforts and join a multidisciplinary team of technologists, marketing and operations personnel, & music professionals.
What you’ll do
- You will be part of a product team that has end-to-end ownership of the core platform
- You will collaborate closely with product, design, and your engineering teammates
- You will drive and coordinate the build of maintainable, user-focussed and high-performance web applications and backend services
- You will lead vendor assessments for complex technology solutions and make recommendations based on your assessment
- You will work with React and Typescript on the frontend, Kotlin, and Spring Boot on the backend, whilst maintaining a lightweight infrastructure with GCP, Terraform, and Docker.
- You have experience building and maintaining backend APIs in Kotlin (or Java) that are backed by relational databases
- You have been a senior contributor within a team environment, delivering high-quality web-based products
- You have deep experience with automated testing, continuous integration and continuous delivery
- You are curious, eager to learn and you seek feedback from your teammates
- You help shape the technical direction for you and your teammates
- You are adaptable to change and keen to work in a dynamic environment helping to shape an early-stage product
- You have working knowledge of architectural topics, such as event event-based systems, high availability and redundancy
Nice to have
- Experience in the music technology industry and/or a strong interest in the music industry
- Working knowledge of application security and authentication
- Experience with cloud computing platforms, particularly GCP
- Experience building D2C or high-volume B2B web-based platforms
BCG Digital Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.
>>> Click on Apply Now to send your CV and Cover Letter.