Interested in music and believe in creating a level playing field for artists? Read further! BCGDV is launching a new venture which advances commercial opportunities for independent musicians, by simplifying their creative content management and rights administration. Partnering with one of Berlin’s most reputable digital distribution companies for indie-labels, our product-focused venture team is looking to streamline and democratize the music business workflows for users.
The venture rethinks how artists manage and release their music, which is currently fragmented and intransparent for creators. The platform smoothens these processes, leveraging cloud computing, advanced analytics & automation, all with a razor-sharp focus on the end-user - the musicians. Backed by an established player within the industry, BCGDV is building a team of fellow music-lovers to take over from MVP-stage and strengthen the proposition further. We are currently looking for a Lead Engineer to lead the technology efforts and join a multidisciplinary team of technologists, marketing and operations personnel, & music professionals.
What you’ll do
- You will lead an engineering team that has end-to-end ownership of the core platform
- You will partner with product managers, designers and other areas of the business
- You will plan, prioritize and coordinate the engineering team activities
- You will facilitate continuous learning and improvement of your team members
- You will contribute to the codebase directly and/or through pairing/code review
- You have experience leading small engineering teams, delivering high-quality web-based products
- You have experience building and maintaining backend APIs, frontend applications and working with relational databases
- You have a strong focus on engineering best practices such as continuous delivery, automated testing, pairing/code review and retrospectives
- You are curious, eager to learn and you seek feedback from your teammates
- You set the technical direction for your teammates
- You have excellent communication skills and are comfortable articulating technical concepts to different audiences
- You are adaptable to change and keen to work in a dynamic environment helping to shape an early-stage product
- You have well-rounded experience with event-based systems, HTTP APIs, high availability, scalability, and distributed systems
Nice to have
- Experience in the music technology industry and/or a strong interest in the music industry
- Working knowledge of application security and authentication
- Experience with cloud computing platforms (GCP, AWS or Azure) and knowledge of managing infrastructure with code
- Experience with Kotlin (or Java), React (or similar) and TypeScript
- Experience building D2C or high-volume B2B web-based platforms
BCG Digital Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.
>>> Click on Apply Now to send your CV and Cover Letter.