Kobalt Music has revolutionised the music publishing industry by putting the creator at the centre of everything we do.
We use technology to provide unparalleled transparency, serving artists, songwriters, and publishers with licensing management works and rights distribution, royalty collection and processing, online data and royalty statements and creative services
Kobalt represents over 5,000 artists, 600,000 songs, and works with 500 publishing companies worldwide
K-Tech is a subsidiary of Kobalt Music Group which provides technology that is used across the Kobalt Group.
Joining an emerging and growing Product team you will be responsible for delivering compelling and elegant design solutions across the range of Kobalt business applications and products. You will be starting at an exciting time, as we are undertaking a major re imagining of our product suite, to propel Kobalt ever further ahead of the competition. These will use a new design system that we are currently developing which you will also be empowered to contribute to and iterate on. We seek an ambitious person who thrives as a product designer making complex technical applications easy to use and look amazing.
The position will work with our product and design teams and will interface closely with motivated product managers, a large team of front and back end engineers and business stakeholders.
- Translate broad complex concepts, customer needs (internal and external) and business requirements into simple, intuitive designs
- Create work that adds value to the user-experience; balancing ease-of-use with system functionality
- Be equally strong focusing on the user experience as you are with visual design
- Be able to solve a problem end-to-end from the research phase, through to ideation, prototyping and testing
- Articulate and demonstrate design concepts in meetings and make smart decisions that move the product development process forward
- Participate in a friendly and cooperative work environment, giving and accepting feedback, encouraging innovation within the team
- Be able to plan and run workshops with internal and external users
- Be able to confidently demo and present your work to stakeholders and wider teams
- Excellent product design demonstrated in a portfolio
- Good experience designing products with a strong focus on data visualisation. Experience in building dashboard based software products is a huge plus.
- Excellent knowledge of designing & prototyping in Figma and using this within an established design system.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent knowledge of typography, colour, grids and hierarchy.
- Bonus - a good knowledge of Webflow, Framer & Principle for prototyping
- A plus would be an understanding of development technology required (HTML, CSS, React, Cross-browser considerations)
- Ability to think about product strategy and vision – not just define how it will look but what should we build.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills; an ability to explain your thinking, influence decision-makers and an ability to work independently or in a group.
- Proven ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously in order to meet milestones and deadlines. The ability to self-start and self-manage is a must.
- Remaining flexible and professional under pressure and come to work each day with a positive attitude
>>> Click on Apply Now to be taken to the application page.