The Orchard is a leading music distribution company operating in over 40 markets worldwide – distributing music from independent artists including Ozuna, Skepta, Jorja Smith, John Prine, and Kelsea Ballerini. With cutting edge operations and an unparalleled global team, The Orchard partners with labels of all sizes to make their music and video available across hundreds of digital and physical retailers around the world. At The Orchard, the focus is to provide a comfortable, social and engaging environment to encourage productivity and creativity.
Reporting to the Associate Director, Label Management, this position focuses on the development and management of an assigned roster of labels and artists at the industry's leading independent music distributor and label services company. This person should have strong passion, knowledge, and excitement for independent music and label development, an understanding of the current retail landscape and opportunities, experience with metadata best practices, a creative spirit, and solid communication skills.
- Manage day to day relationships with an assigned roster of high profile distributed independent labels, managers, and artists
- Build and manage robust, innovative and impactful marketing campaigns for priority projects
- Negotiate and manage marketing budgets for project campaigns
- Serve as primary point of contact with artists and management regarding marketing activities
- Oversee all processes related to digital and physical release setups and production
- Maintain artist calendars and promo itineraries for artists to update label
- Track pre- and post-release drivers and successes in internal and external priority campaign marketing documents and recaps
- Work across departments to create strategies and campaigns to develop the catalog of assigned label roster
- Liaise with all internal departments (from finance and marketing to legal and management) to ensure artists’ labels’ business needs are met, as the primary point of contact externally to the label and internally representing your labels’ interests
- Utilize The Orchard’s internal data and analytics tools to inform marketing and sales decisions
- Ensure the global sales and marketing organization has all assets to properly solicit and market priority releases
- Drive product adoption of The Orchards tools and services across the label base
- Position is customer service and relationship focused, requiring excellent internal and external communication skills and professional diplomacy
- Experience in music marketing including creating and executing campaigns and managing budgets
- Supreme attention to detail, multi-tasking, and follow-through skills required
- Knowledge of the music retail landscape and best practices
- Strong passion for independent music and artist development
- Experience communicating with music managers and artists
The ideal candidate is:
- A self-driven problem solver and leader
- Collaborative with other departments
- A people person with strong interpersonal skills
- An effective communicator on phone, email, and in person
- Resourceful and takes initiative - an expert troubleshooter
- Passionate about the music business, and the future of music
About The Orchard
The Orchard is a leading music distribution company operating in over 40 markets worldwide. With a comprehensive artist & label services offering including full-service marketing, sync licensing, comprehensive video services, transparent data analysis, advertising, rights management, digital and physical distribution and more, The Orchard empowers creators and businesses to grow and adapt in the dynamic global industry. For further information, visit www.theorchard.com.
The Orchard is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
>>> Click on Apply Now to be taken to the application page.