BMG is a new kind of music company. Our mission is clear; to help artists and songwriters make the very most of their songs and recordings in the digital age. That’s why we offer the best creative support, provide the best access to platforms and work hard to maximize the value of each and every copyright, ensuring all our clients receive all payments promptly and accurately. We are not a technology company – though we use the best technology. We are not just a music publisher or a record label – although we offer both services. BMG is a company with service, transparency and fairness at its heart and a commitment to being the best international music company for songwriters, artists and everyone who works with us.
Your Mission at BMG
We are looking for a Content/Artist Channel and Account Manager to join our Digital Sales Department in Los Angeles.
- You have an interest in music publishing, synch and marketing.
- You have familiarity with a variety of music genres and digital audio file formats.
- You are comfortable working in a team and are a self-starter.
- Your time management skills allow you to meet deadlines easily.
- You have exceptional attention to detail and the ability to track and follow through on multiple concurrent projects to completion.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Working with and across internal teams, artists/managements and other content specialists for both catalogue and frontline recordings for international and domestic repertoire
- You will specifically ensure the best YouTube set up for the artists we work with, managing all aspects of channel management including: Ideation, content programming, posting, community, metadata optimization and audience management as well as monetization, together with our Digital Rights Administration team
- Active pitching and managing the relationship with the YouTube Music teams in US
- Work closely with Digital Marketing team to maximize opportunities & social strategies to grow playlist engagement
- Regular reporting of insights & trends to internal teams and artist managements
- Provide health checks and identify new ways to market & grow global catalog priorities
- Responsible for managing the creation of marketing assets (banners, info/end cards etc.) with creative team
- This role will provide a unique opportunity to experiment with your own creative ideas about how to drive consumer behavior in the digital space
- Digital native with a commercial and analytical mind:
- Passionate YouTube and/or digital platform expert with detailed knowledge about YouTube (e.g. content, channel management, analytics)
- Ability to multi-task, ensure meticulous attention to detail, manage multiple priorities and work well under pressure within demanding timeframes
- 2-5 years of relevant experience
- Strong communicator who is confident to build collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- A general understanding of the role of metadata, platform algorithms and the effect on content discovery/monetization
- Deep knowledge of building audiences in a digital environment
- Love for music and a general understanding of subcultures and their codes
- Ability and appetite to consistently learn and adopt
- Content creation and video editing skills as a plus
What’s In It For You
- Robust medical/dental/vision packages
- Two weeks’ vacation in year one; three weeks’ vacation in year two
- $500 fitness reimbursement
- Diverse possibilities of personal and professional development including trainings and access to Lynda.com
- Dollar for dollar match of up to 6% into 401(k) after your first year with the company
- A fun and respectful community of people with a passion for music
We welcome applications from people who will contribute to the diversity of our company.
BMG will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
>>> Click on Apply Now to be taken to the application page.