BMG is a new kind of music company. Our mission is clear; to help artists and songwriters make the very most of their songs and recordings in the digital age. That’s why we offer the best creative support, provide the best access to platforms and work hard to maximize the value of each and every copyright, ensuring all our clients receive all payments promptly and accurately. We are not a technology company – though we use the best technology. We are not just a music publisher or a record label – although we offer both services. BMG is a company with service, transparency and fairness at its heart and a commitment to being the best international music company for songwriters, artists and everyone who works with us.
Your Mission at BMG
Your primary mission is to provide administrative support to the S-Curve Records team across multiple areas.
- You have an interest in music and desire to learn the functions, needs and processes of an independent record label.
- You are comfortable working in a team and are a self-starter with a tremendous work ethic.
- Your time management skills allow you to meet deadlines easily.
- You are a multi-task specialist.
- You have excellent communicative skills.
- You have exceptional attention to detail and the ability to track and follow through on multiple concurrent projects to completion.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Prepare and submit invoices / liaise with AP
- Prepare and submit monthly S-Curve credit card reports
- Coordinate A&R admin needs with management (recording journals, product scheduling forms)
- Assist with mailings (radio/press)
- Asset management and Dropbox organization
- Complete ticket buys and maintain guest lists
- Complete video servicing for all new releases
- Schedule conference calls and meetings
- Register all guests with firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hire and supervise interns
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Basic understanding of music industry through college studies and/or internships.
- Proficiency with Photoshop. Dropbox, Word, Excel, Google docs, Mediabase, Soundscan, Music Connect, BDS
What’s In It For You
- Robust medical/dental/vision packages
- Two weeks’ vacation in year one; three weeks’ vacation in year two
- $500 fitness reimbursement
- Diverse possibilities of personal and professional development including trainings and access to Lynda.com
- Dollar for dollar match of up to 6% into 401(k) after your first year with the company
- A fun and respectful community of people with a passion for music
We welcome applications from people who will contribute to the diversity of our company.
>>> Click on Apply Now to be taken to the application page.