Just hack it !
Deezer is a global music streaming service with over 53 millions of tracks and a leading presence in over 180 countries, with 14 million monthly active users.
Behind the code and the pixels is our team of 500 music lovers, and we’re building something incredible together. Want in? If you’re looking for an adventure, not just a job, and you fancy seeing ideas come to life in a heartbeat, you’re in the right place.
We dare to challenge the status quo and believe innovation is part of our DNA.
How about you?
Your mission is to define and implement the content strategy of Deezer in Brazil.
As Head of Content, Artist Marketing & Label Relations, you will drive the development of music and podcasts through editorial, original productions and the acquisition of new catalogues. You will liaise with the product development team to optimise content integration on the Deezer platform, as well as develop the editorial marketing strategy. You will cultivate strong relations with labels, distributors, artists and managers across the music industry, and direct artist marketing campaigns with regional artists. You will also lead the acquisition strategy for both music and non-music audio content.
What you will do:
- Manage the editorial content team and set the playlist strategy.
- Create editorial marketing and animations within the Deezer app.
- Develop the podcast offer, podcaster relations and original productions.
- Develop curation partnerships with artists or media brands to ensure our content reaches outside of the Deezer eco-system.
- Coordinate editorial priorities for CRM & social media.
- Monitor the performance of content with central editorial teams and define the necessary tools to deliver performance targets.
- Manage the editorial integration of new catalogues together with acquisition teams.
Artist Marketing & Label Relations responsibilities:
- Manage the artist marketing team and set the artist marketing strategy.
- Manage editorial and artist marketing relations with repertoire owners.
- Coordinate artist marketing priorities for CRM & social media.
- Develop campaigns and special events to support the launch of new music in coordination with brand marketing teams.
- Book artists for special events or original productions, social media activity and brand marketing campaigns.
- Work with labels on acquiring and launching new music catalogues on Deezer.
- Create original concepts for music productions and podcasts.
- Manage external companies and freelancers helping to deliver production.
- Recruit and manage the productions team.
What we are looking for:
- 10+ years of experience in editorial, entertainment and/or media industry.
- Strong network in the music industry, artists and management.
- Strategic thinker with an eye for detail.
- Proven ability to be an effective leader managing teams.
- Exceptional communication, presentations and organisation skills.
- Ability to use data and transform it into winning strategies.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Experience in music programming and engaging users with curated playlist.
- Strong knowledge in music across all genres, more specifically local Brazilian, and experience in managing editorial teams and creative people would be a real plus.
- Fluent in English.
Life @ Deezer
- Start-up environment and philosophy
- Highly motivated and product-focused people ready to drive innovation
- Based in Sao Paulo
If you feel like this is the right opportunity for you, press play!
We are an equal opportunity employer.
>>> Click on Apply Now to be taken to the application page.