We are seeking a forward-looking and creative Head of Audio Research to lead iZotope’s applied research team in the discovery and evaluation of emerging audio technologies and their application to our future products. Qualified applications should have demonstrable experience managing and supporting a team of research and development engineers; expert knowledge in the design and development of signal analysis and processing algorithms; a passion for music and audio technology; and proven expertise in and extensive practical experience with technological advances in machine learning and/or digital signal processing. The ideal candidate would have prior experience developing music and audio production technology and be familiar with trends in audio software.
Responsibilities Will Include:
- Leading an independent and vibrant research program in the realms of advanced digital signal processing and machine learning
- Managing and developing a high-performing team of research engineers, including hiring, coaching, career development and performance management
- Working closely with product management and development teams to identify and pursue research opportunities to develop breakthrough, enabling technologies for iZotope’s software and hardware products
- Supporting active product development projects through the delivery of new algorithms and technologies to product development teams
- Oversight of the data and compute infrastructure underpinning our machine learning programs
- Driving iZotope’s efforts to publish and present at relevant academic and professional conferences and publications
- External outreach to industry partners, universities and professional organizations in the audio industry to keep iZotope current in regards to relevant technology and scientific trends and promote iZotope’s contributions in these areas
- 5 or more years prior experience as a Research Manager or Director
- PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent field
- In-depth knowledge of theoretical and applied DSP, especially in the areas of digital audio effects, speech processing and/or music information retrieval
- Currency with modern applications of deep learning techniques in audio analysis and processing
- Proven record of relevant, high-quality research and scholarship
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and attention to detail Team player and strong influence and leadership skills
The preferred location for this position is in our corporate headquarters in Cambridge, MA, but we will also consider applicants based in one of our satellite offices in New York, Los Angeles, or Berlin.
>>> Click on Apply Now to be taken to the application page.