We’re building a creative ecosystem for music producers. With this ecosystem, we’re cultivating a global community of creators that fosters inspiration, connection, focus, and growth.
Our work environment is no different. We champion collaboration, big ideas, helping where we can and asking for assistance when we need it. We aim for steady, measured expansion through experimentation and iteration. We encourage optimism, inclusion, and transparency in the workplace. We aren’t afraid to stumble, because every stumble can teach us something about our processes, strategies, and even ourselves.
We don’t just hire people who mirror our culture. We hire people who add to it.
Splice is looking for a full-time Writer to join the Brand Team at our HQ in New York as our principal storyteller and voice of Splice.
You’ll be responsible for crafting copy and narratives to inspire and drive exploration with our ever evolving ecosystem of music tools (such as softsynths and DAWs), partnerships and collaborations with some of the most exciting artists in music, and develop stories for integrated campaigns and content that resonate with Splice’s audience of passionate producers and aspiring musicians.
What You’ll Do:
- Write copy and develop creative concepts for internal and public-facing channels. From print and digital, blog posts and strategy decks, you’ll work both independently and with collaborators from the company at large
- Craft and own all messaging across our digital marketing pages, finding new ways to inspire musicians to experiment with new tools and techniques as well as advise and review copy written for our social and editorial channels
- Collaborate closely with Designers, Producers, and the Product Marketing team to find creative and engaging ways to position and explain our ever changing ecosystem of products and features.
- Translate brand value propositions and communications into multi-channel campaigns, from ad copy and sales enablement to thought leadership and white papers.
- Refine and ensure our Voice & Tone guidelines are followed and provide guidance and support to internal team members to empower them to speak as the brand. You’ll balance context and audiences to assure our communications sound just right.
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of relevant experience for a brand or product, working in-house for a marketing or tech-driven company.
- Bachelor's Degree
- You’re a storyteller and music lover at heart
- You have basic understanding of music production and a desire to learn even more.
- You have experience developing and pitching creative concepts and effectively communicating these ideas to your collaborators and project stakeholders.
- You’ve conceptualized and authored content that spans both creative and technical. You can break complex processes and topics and make them understandable and relatable.
- You work quickly and efficiently. You’re able to turn around briefs on tight timelines, often juggling competing priorities. You internalize feedback from creative and business collaborators alike and iterate accordingly.
- Please include 2-3 writing samples in your application. Applications without a sample will not be reviewed.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Splice is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.
>>> Click on Apply Now to be taken to the application page.