Bandcamp is seeking a Product Manager to join our team. We’re a small (but merry!) band, and you’ll have significant opportunities from Day 1 to shape our future, help artists and labels and their fans, and to increase endorphin levels globally as a result.
- Talk to artists, fans, and labels who use Bandcamp to understand how and why it meets their needs, and where it doesn’t.
- Investigate and analyze our data (on your own and with our data team) to develop quantitative insights that complement your qualitative research.
- Design and conduct experiments to validate hunches.
- Collaborate with designers, developers, and others around the company to invent, develop and ship great products.
- Work with the data and support teams to monitor and measure the impact these products make.
You have most if not all of the following skills, talents, experience and interests:
- 3+ years experience as a product manager (or building and inventing products for consumers as a designer, engineer, data analyst, or support specialist).
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- An abiding interest in how people behave and make decisions.
- Experience conducting user research, or an eagerness to learn.
- Some prior experience writing code.
- An appreciation for and understanding of graphic and interactive design fundamentals.
- Solid quantitative reasoning skills, knowledge of statistics, experience with SQL (or similar tools), and the ability to conduct your own quantitative investigations.
- The ability to collaborate and to drive decision-making with a diverse team.
- Prior experience with Bandcamp as a fan or artist (or both), and an understanding of how our product works and what our community values.
Send us your resume and a brief cover letter that tells us more about you, why you’re interested in this role, and a short paragraph about one thing you think we should improve and why.
>>> Click on Apply Now to be taken to the application page.