We are Frills, and we are based in Berlin. Our primary focus is to help artists to develop their profiles and personalities by providing customized holistic concepts and services, but with a different approach. Artists can entirely rely on us. Ultimately we are family, and through our ability to connect and understand with like-minded individuals we can support artists in living their dreams.
We have access to an international company network in the music entertainment industry and to global markets, but we live in the underground house and techno world. Marketing, with all its subtleties and nuances, is an essential part of our strategy. We know how sensitive it has to be in the underground electronic music world. We are well-practised in knowing how to build a buzz without losing integrity. We preserve the credibility of artists by exercising a level of self-awareness with no compromises. We combine a high level of knowledge and experience in all fields of the music business, but with a strong understanding of the needs of the underground scene. We understand artists and know how to develop their profiles and personalities, whilst never forgetting the values of the electronic music culture we all represent.
We know where we are coming from, and we always will stay true to our roots. We have a responsibility towards the culture we are living for. We are real ravers by heart.
We are looking for someone to join our crew, who's like us and has some exceptional skills.
Senior Marketing Manager (Music/Artists)
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in Marketing or a related field and +5 years of experience in music or lifestyle or entertainment marketing with a proven track record of successful campaigns in a leading role. YOU ARE A REAL MARKETING PRO!
- A deep-rooted passion for Techno and House, you love the music and you have a strong understanding of the culture, the lifestyle, the mindset and respect the values of the scene. YOU ARE A REAL RAVER BY HEART!
- Some people think marketing always has to be "in your face". You know there are way smarter ways to increase awareness and how to create a hype. You think outside the box and develop own creative strategies. You have a passion for solutions and new highly creative marketing concepts. YOU ARE A CREATIVE SMART THINKER!
- An extensive global network of contacts in the electronic music scene is definitely helpful (media, artists, labels, promoters, agencies, freelancers etc.).
- You are an experienced leader with a hands-on mentality. You are working on your own initiative, you know how to guide internal teams and external freelancers and agencies. YOU GO AHEAD AND LEAD THE WAY!
- Excellent communication in English, fluency in German is a big plus.
- You love to work, you know how to party
That's the job:
- Shaping thoughtful and effective artist development and holistic marketing strategies, from ideation to execution.
- Defining long-term tactics and concepts to boost the reputation and awareness of artists and their brands, using all marketing channels you know as well as the ones you do not know, creating new brands (events, record labels etc.).
- Social media marketing: Dealing with effective campaigns, you involve external stakeholders, where necessary. Using all options for precise tracking and targeting, developing of unique and creative editorial and audio-visual content, generating Facebook ads and dark posts, realising collabs with media, partners and influencers, coordinating event promotion with promoters, community management, measuring and analysing results and creating reports. Basic skills in editorial and performance marketing are necessary, more is a big plus. You know how to brief and lead external stakeholders, where necessary.
- PR: Developing strategies for ongoing PR campaigns together with our PR agent, identifying, managing and developing relationships to media and other partners and cultivating new contacts, shaping up press releases, ensuring consistent global media coverage. Skills in copywriting and plugging are a big plus.
- Direct marketing: Creating newsletters, building mailing lists, developing loyalty strategies for fans and followers, taking care of community management and building ambassador programs.
- Overseeing and approving marketing and promotion of 3rd parties (promoters, record labels, etc.).
- Accurately monitoring and reporting the results of campaigns and set quality standards.
- Developing and managing marketing budgets, allocating expenses within budget allowances.
- Crew love: Work closely with the whole team. Because marketing for artists and music is an essential part of artist management and booking management, our marketing crew works closely with the rest of our gang. It's all about a holistic approach for our artists. Makes sense, right?
This position offers a multitude of career opportunities in marketing and artist management. We are a new company with a start-up mentality and we want to grow in the next years. Become an essential part of the core crew, build the new agency together with us from scratch, make it your own baby and take over leadership responsibility for all following team members.
Place of work: Berlin (no remote work)
This job is a full-time permanent position, not a freelancer position
If you are interested in this position, send us via your application documents including cover letter, CV (+ photo appreciated) and your "Arbeitszeugnisse" (job reference), if available, via Doors Open.
Let us know your salary expectations and earliest possible availability, too.