The General Manager of Rough Trade West (W11) is responsible for managing all aspects of one of the UK's best loved independent record stores.
Rough Trade has accrued over forty years of trusted trade and customer relations, affording it a unique role and scope of opportunity within the UK and global music (retail) industry. The General Manager of Rough Trade West plays a central role in continuing and building on this success, whilst meeting all the company’s commercial aims.
It’s a given that the General Manager of Rough Trade West will be both passionate and knowledgeable about music, especially contemporary and breaking acts, but also classic back catalogue and a working knowledge of a wide range of specialist genres.
The General Manager will need to show strong leadership throughout a period of change, to reshape the work environment in-line with Rough Trade brand values.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- All aspects of recruiting, training, supervising and appraising your team
- Work with department heads & Directors to strategize and plan
- Work with the CMS and Inventory Management systems to efficiently maintain the stores inventory
- Maintain a consistent and professional line of communication to stores and other departments through inter-company communications
- Report weekly on performance to the company Directors
- Work with the marketing & product teams to plan and strategize upcoming promotions & sales incentives with the aim of building sales & margin
- Ensure compliance with health & safety and other legislation
- Ensuring the store fulfils the role of being an inspiring place of music lover congregation, being an exciting and welcoming place to visit, utilising great merchandising, creative displays and ‘best in class’ customer service
Qualifications & Skills:
- Great people management and leadership skills
- Good understanding of IT systems (especially Google Suite, Inventory Management & Resource planning software)
- Comprehensive, authoritative music knowledge & commercially savvy
- Strong organisation & planning skills
- Demonstrate a great understanding of what Rough Trade is & who our customers are; capable, confident and comfortable being a company brand ambassador
- Relevant retail experience managing a £1m+ turnover retail store, ideally including live events management experience/skills
Closing date for applications = Tuesday 31st March
>>> Click on Apply Now to be taken to the application page.