With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Bros., Warner Classics and Warner/Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Job Title: Royalties Coordinator, Catalogue and Classics
A little bit about our team:
- Reporting to the Senior Royalties Supervisor (Catalogue & Classics), you will be working within a team of 12.
- You’ll be responsible for the Atlantic Catalogue, Rhino, NVC and Teldec labels ensuring our artists are paid on time.
- You’ll be the expert in your area knowing all there is to know about your accounts, answering queries, making payments and issuing statements.
Why this could be your next big break:
- This is an “Account management” style role where you will be responsible for timely and accurate preparation of six monthly royalty statements to the Artists within your client group.
- This end-to-end process will allow you to be responsible for the Artist’s royalty account from the moment their agreement is signed, to setting up the release of new products, to preparing and checking the royalty statements, to sending the statements and liaising with the artist or artist representative.
- This is the culmination of everything the company is working towards – we have signed some great talent and now you are showing them how much they have achieved.
Here you’ll get to:
- You will interpret and implement artist recording agreements received from Business Affairs to the royalty system.
- You will review and apply recoupable costs to the accounts where relevant.
- You will manage new release set up; liaising with other departments within WMUK to ensure all necessary information is obtained.
- You will prepare royalty statements with an acute level of attention to detail.
- You will ensure all payments due are processed by the contractual deadlines.
- You will communicate directly with Artists and Artist representatives either by phone, email or in person to answer queries in relation to Royalty Statements.
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
- You are educated to a minimum A-level standard (with good academic grades).
- You are highly organised with an excellent level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- You have the ability to work well under pressure and to meet tight deadlines.
- You are able to take own initiative and responsibility over own workload, while working within the goals of the team.
- Experience of managing data and good analytical skills.
- You have good communication skills, both written and verbal.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
- Previous royalty experience or experience within the music or finance industry.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- A passion for music
Why join us?
Here at Warner Music Group we’re all about our people. We are one global company made up exclusively of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music - at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing a philosophy of innovation – it’s part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
>>> Click on Apply Now to be taken to the application page.