Point Blank Music School (Los Angeles) is looking for skillful music industry practitioners to expand our faculty roster in key subject areas including music production, sound design, mixing, audio engineering, DJ skills, music business, singing, songwriting and composition. Review the job description below.
JOB DESCRIPTION: MUSIC INSTRUCTOR
Position Summary: Music Instructors at Point Blank Music School educate students effectively to prepare them for success in the music industry. They teach classes following the curriculum and guidelines presented in Point Blank’s Virtual Learning Environment (VLE). They prioritize the student experience and implement established policies designed to provide excellent music instruction, ensuring the institution achieves its mission.
Position Type: Temporary part-time assignments as needed; opportunity for a permanent part-time position.
Reports to: Chief Academic Officer (CAO)
Specific duties and responsibilities:
- Plan, prepare, and deliver class instruction utilizing the prescribed VLE course curriculum
- Follow the VLE curriculum for instructor-led topics, student exercises, and project-based assignments
- Develop appropriate learning materials and resources to supplement lessons
- Participate in curriculum development by completing course evaluations
- Monitor student attendance and progress; assess student work and record grades
- Attend teacher training and professional development sessions
- Understand, implement, monitor, and fairly enforce all relevant institutional policies
- Understand the school’s mission and educational objectives and strive to attain them at all times
- Five (5) years of practical music industry work experience relevant to the subject area(s)
- Excellent oral and written communication and strong administrative/organizational skills
- Understanding of teaching methods: planning, delivery, assessment, and evaluation of student learning
- Bachelor’s degree in music or a related field
- Demonstrated teaching experience at the postsecondary level, and/or willingness to undergo training
- Awareness of different learning strategies suitable for teaching students with a diverse range of abilities
- At least 18 years old, authorized to work in the U.S., and able to pass a background check
- Available to work flexible hours including days, nights, and weekends
Compensation: Competitive pay commensurate with experience and qualifications
Application Process: To apply for this job, please submit your resume or CV along with a cover letter, which specifically addresses each of the minimum and preferred qualifications, via Doors Open.