We’re looking for an experienced and passionate Director, Product Marketing to oversee the marketing of the Sofar Sounds experience, including refining our value proposition to different audiences and development of music show formats and experiences. The goal is to create new opportunities for our artist community and evolve our brand.
In partnership with our Director of Production on the operations side, you will own articulating the Sofar experience to various customer groups, developing enhancements and new musical experiences, coordinating with our event teams, marketing and technology. This will require a hybrid of skills, including elements of experience design, project management, user research and marketing techniques to evolve and deliver on our plans.
This is a pivotal role in overseeing the most important aspect of Sofar - the experience in the room. As such, you will have the support needed from other teams to help you be a success.
What you’ll do:
New show development
- Work with the Sofar leadership to refine strategy, set and execute a roadmap for development and delivery live music experiences, in partnership with the Head of Production
- Encourage and support innovation and new ideas from across all Sofar team members, while managing a clear, well-communicated process to consolidate, test, validate and scale great ideas
- Project manage music experiences from concept through go-to-market, communicating across a wide range of internal stakeholders and partners, ensuring everyone knows the plan and their part in making it happen
- Work with our in-house research teams to gather insights and data to refine and optimise strategy
- Partner with colleagues in the wider marketing team to develop and optimise campaign strategies to drive awareness and demand for Sofar formats and products
- Coordinate with our technology team to build new formats and products into our customer-facing website and mobile platforms, as well as any tooling the city event teams needs to produce the shows
Additional value propositions
- Support the development of additional fan value proposition schemes, such as our Membership programme, gift tickets, referral schemes, etc
- Provide guidance on approaches to ticket pricing
Who you are:
- Demonstrable experience developing successful new products through their whole life-cycle: concept development, consumer testing, positioning & go-to-market
- Be a creative thinker, helping to develop and refine concepts into clear and distinguishable show formats
- Proven track record of developing creativity, music and/or experience-based products is strongly preferred
- Experience building effective go-to-market strategies that achieve commercial goals
- Excellent project & programme management skills within a dynamic, fast-growth startup environment
- Ability to seek out and encourage a diversity of viewpoints and perspectives and fostering a creative, inclusive environment
- Proven self-starter, and someone who finds creative ways to overcome challenges themselves and with others
- Excellent communicator, with strong written and presentation skills
- Logical and quick thinker, with strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated passion for music and supporting local, independent artists
Working here: Sofar Sounds offers a comprehensive benefits package as well as opportunities for career growth and development, not to mention, unlimited live music Our team is made up of music lovers across the globe who are committed to our mission of artist exposure and making live music more attainable for all!
At Sofar, we embrace diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are inclusive and believe our diverse team is crucial to our success.
>>> Click on Apply Now to be taken to the application page.