We’re building a creative ecosystem for music producers. With this ecosystem, we’re cultivating a global community of creators that fosters inspiration, connection, focus, and growth.
Our work environment is no different. We champion collaboration, big ideas, helping where we can and asking for assistance when we need it. We aim for steady, measured expansion through experimentation and iteration. We encourage optimism, inclusion, and transparency in the workplace. We aren’t afraid to stumble, because every stumble can teach us something about our processes, strategies, and even ourselves.
We don’t just hire people who mirror our culture. We hire people who add to it.
As a Data Engineer, you’ll partner closely with Product and Engineering to develop our data and analytics infrastructure, and deliver tools and reporting capabilities across our entire platform. As we move into the most important moment in our history, you’ll champion quality and best practices throughout the organization and work with Product Managers, Engineers, Researchers, Executives and other cross-functional leaders to relentlessly serve millions of musicians around the world.
What you will do:
- Foster a culture of measurement, developing insights, and learning throughout the product org and company
- Build data infrastructure and tools that support a best in class product measurement process
- Work with backend and infrastructure teams to evolve and scale data storage and measurement systems
- Develop and improve reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for stakeholders
- Collaborate with analysts and stakeholders to identify and promote best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation
- Develop the organization around you, through mentorship, recruiting, interviewing, and advancing process and culture
- Build trust with musicians. Always.
Relevant experience and mindset:
- You share our vision
- You care about quality. It drives you.
- You’re self-directed towards generating excellent work outcomes
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment with a bias towards action
- You want to commit your precious time to the service of music culture and creativity
- You love data; You’re detail-oriented and are driven to discover actionable insights in a large pool of structured and unstructured data
- Technical mastery of data management and storage, data warehousing, and ETL, query, and analytics languages and tools (e.g. SQL, Excel, Python, R)
- Proficiency with infrastructure and/or backend engineering, evolving and scaling back-end services, data models, and storage
- Experience providing technical leadership and mentoring other engineers for best practices on backend and data engineering
- Ideally, you have 6+ years of relevant work experience in building data and analytics infrastructure and reporting tools
- You’re well-versed in music and have a love for creator culture
- You have experience working at high-growth organizations