A little bit about our team:
The Creative Production team plays a key role within WMUK’s physical and digital supply chain. We are the central cog that keeps things ticking. Uniquely, we work closely with almost all departments within the company, such as; A&R, Marketing, Commercial, Finance, Business Affairs, Production, Digital Operations, Press & Promotions as well as artists and their management. For this reason, it’s the perfect role to get a wider view of how record labels work and understand how music gets released.
We’re a close-knit bunch of 9 music lovers, split across two teams; Frontline (new music from the likes of Ed Sheeran, Liam Gallagher, Dua Lipa, Stormzy & Coldplay etc) and Catalogue (reissues from legendary acts like The Smiths, David Bowie and Pink Floyd etc).
Some of the best bits about our job:
- We get to hear new music before most people in the company, not to mention the world!
- Rather than working with just one label and a limited range of music, we work centrally with almost all of the labels within the company (except Classics and ADA). A huge variety of music.
- We work across both physical and digital – so we make lots of lovely vinyl, award-winning boxsets, DVDs, Blu-Rays and CDs (tangible things to show your mum!), as well as digital formats.
An internship in this department looks like:
Origination (creating products, pulling assets together, making it all happen):
- To assist the Creative Production team in the origination of all UK commercial formats, both physical and digital. This may include working with Warner’s marketing teams, sourcing music and label copy from A&R, creating layout documents for designers and liaising throughout the creation process, before final-checking artwork and audio, whilst arranging the delivery of all parts by the relevant deadlines, making sure to keep the Production & Digital Operations and any other key stakeholders updated on the progress.
- The CP Intern will be solely responsible for the origination of all physical CD promos
Digital/Physical Music Promo:
- Using a digital promo system called CRight, the CP Intern is largely responsible for securely sending the company’s pre-release music out to internal/external contacts around the world such as Spotify, Apple, high-profile journalists, radio presenters etc. to help attain promotion/reviews etc. whilst also preventing leaks.
- Directly contributing to developments and new features of the CRight website and iOS/Android apps.
- You will also be responsible for creating physical CD watermark promos where necessary
- Payment to Suppliers: To enter Purchase Order requests into the Sprinter system and follow through approval stages, ensuring our suppliers receive the correct payments on time.
- To assist in maintaining the WMUK Release Schedule, checking all scheduling additions and amends that are sent by Marketing and run checks on all other information.
- Checking pre-release DVD film content prior to BBFC classification.
- Looking after the team’s archived shared folders and keeping them in order.
- Assist with any ad hoc projects & support the Heads of Creative Production & Release Management Director as required.
- Responsibility for setting up Aspera Digital Delivery Accounts for UK + European teams.
- Looking after Stationary orders and courier bookings for the team
We’re looking for Creative individuals with a passion for music and the industry as a whole, ready to bring lots of new ideas to the table and be a team player who’s willing to ‘get involved’ no matter how big or small the task. You will have great organizational skills with impeccable attention to detail and first class communication skills and the ability to build strong working relationships. You should also have a strong desire to learn and develop skillset in a fast-paced environment.
Why join us?
Here at Warner Music Group we’re all about our people. We are one global company made up exclusively of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music - at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing a philosophy of innovation – it’s part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
>>> Click on Apply Now to be taken to the application page.