Reporting to: German MD
The Orchard is looking for a Manager in the Content Acquisitions department. This is a full time position in our Hamburg or Berlin office. This role will work across all aspects of Content Acquisition with a main focus to drive new label and artist signings new clients to distribution deals and/or services deal. Additionally, the manager will work closely with Senior Executives on high level acquisitions providing support as required.
- Prospect, attract and sign new labels and artists to distribution deals.
- Set regular targets together with the team and implement signing strategies
- Collect and assemble information on new deals and renewals.
- Research sales and information for perspective labels.
- Synthesise statements for perspective labels.
- Renew selected current client contracts.
- Manage process and communication between the US teams and legal departments.
- Maintain clear and transparent communications with all key stakeholders (label management, artist services, client, legal, closers, territory reps, management) on deals, renewals and amendments both throughout the process and at close.
- Ensure that any deal requirements (such as advances, catalogue ingestions, remaps etc) are discussed in advance (and approved where necessary) with relevant stakeholders
- Provide clear and transparent departmental updates to the wider teams on a regular basis through contribution to team meetings and regular email updates.
- Schedule and assemble client business reviews for Germany, working in tandem with NY based teams and local label management teams.
- You have a great network in the German (independent) music industry
- You are passionate about music and stay abreast the latest trends
- Minimum 5 year music or media industry experience– independent sector strongly preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Clear understanding of the present market situation, the rapidly evolving digital economy, and knowledge of and expertise with the technology and tools available.
- Good listening skills. Capacity to engage, willingness to learn and to share ideas, positive attitude.
- Well organised and able to support many projects at once with tight deadlines.
- Team player
- Must be a quick-learner, a self-starter and capable of effectively managing workflow amongst the team.
>>> Click on Apply Now to be taken to the application page.