Who we are:
Sofar Sounds is a global community of artists and fans, that is reimagining intimate live performances in more than 420 cities around the world. We are growing swiftly, helping more artists in more cities. As we expand, we are looking for ambitious and innovative individuals (like you) who are passionate about helping artists and telling our story.
About the role:
As the Head of Communications and Media Relations you will report to the CEO and will be responsible for strategic communications, leadership and management of global media relations, external speaking opportunities and other aspects of telling the story of our brand and global community.
What you’ll do:
- Establish and sustain positive and clear positioning for all elements of Sofar Sounds -- our brand, our community and celebrating the successes of our artist partners.
- Direct proactive consumer media relations campaigns, including overall strategy, message development, and building strong relationships across the media landscape
- Direct industry communications and manage relationships with trade publications.
- Identify and manage external agencies/freelancers as needed
- Work with the Sofar brand team and other key leaders to maintain a steady drumbeat of proactive storytelling around the world.
- Media training and support for key spokespeople globally
- Manage company response for emerging and reactive issues.
- Get out and see some live music.
Who you are:
- You are comfortable working within a fast-paced environment and able to think on your feet.
- With excellent verbal and written communication skills, you'll have experience of influencing and engaging with stakeholders across a global organisation.
- Consistent track record of securing high-level media coverage and maintaining relationships across media that reach multiple audiences.
- You will be a self-starter, focused on finding and telling compelling stories from across the global Sofar community, in partnership with marketing and global operations teams.
- You’re recognized as someone with a passion for music, deep empathy for musicians and a market-leading understanding of defining trends in our industry.
- Strong existing trust-based relationships with media, ideally across the consumer, creative and business press.
Sofar Sounds offers a comprehensive benefits package as well as opportunities for career growth and development, not to mention, unlimited live music Our team is made up of music lovers across the globe who are committed to our mission of artist exposure and making live music more attainable for all!
At Sofar, we embrace diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are inclusive and believe our diverse team is crucial to our success.
>>> Click on Apply Now to be taken to the application page.