The Public Relations and Events Specialist will lead in developing the strategic and tactical execution of integrated public relations materials and campaigns and events, including but not limited to new product launches, product reviews, trade and consumer media relations, high-profile executive and brand leadership profiles, strategic partnerships, sponsorships, promotions and events such as NAMM Shows and Brew Music Events. They will be responsible for managing our relationships with the media on behalf of our brands both in the US and globally generating positive media coverage and helping prevent or minimize negative coverage.
This individual will proactively plan in-store events (Specialist Clinics, artist visits) working cross-functionally with Sales, Brand managers, Artists and Artist Relations, Specialists and Dealers to ensure our partners and brands are positioned for success and plan the best possible experience for consumers.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Strategic PR planning
• Write and distribute press releases
• Media relations
• Pitch and track product reviews
• Monitor, log and share media coverage
• Copy writing
• Update brand online newsrooms
• Manage media database
• Monitor, log and share media coverage
• Organize Dealer Events and Filed Events
• Trade show media management
• AD buy guidance and tracking with media partners
• Plan and write press releases for brands and product launches; coordinate content with brand managers Finalize verbiage, tone and facts with brand manager
• Seek out opportunities to position KORG USA and our brands in the media as leaders and innovators in the industry with hot/new products and industry happenings
• Always be looking for news-worthy opportunities and angles to generate media coverage
• Monitor editorial calendars to look for opportunities- IE Round-tables, Special issues etc
• Pitch story ideas, interview subjects and strategize placement opportunities
• Consistently Secure product reviews in all key publications and media outlets
• Coordinate with brand managers key push products to align with sales initiatives
• Develop targeted brand media lists and cultivate new contacts, including via social media, bloggers, vloggers and influencers
• Assist and lead trade show preparations such as the collection of necessary materials in collaboration with the Brand Management and Marketing Team.
• Manage trade show media appointments and coverage
• Assist with the development and execution of strategic public relations campaigns and impactful activations that build awareness for the Korg USA Roster of brands and enhance brand reputation
• Collaborate closely with internal partners in marketing, brand management and Sales on programs that drive buzz and brand relevance
• Assist in handling media relations efforts including pitching to media and managing incoming media requests
• Help develop key messages, statements, and executive briefings while ensuring consistency of the company’s brand, tone and message; decides the appropriate spokesperson to place in front of the media
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
Experienced professional with minimum of 5 years of public relations experience within an agency or corporate environment and a proven track record in media relations, ideally supporting a large, global company in the music or technology field.
• Outstanding writing, editing, proofreading and verbal communication skills.
• Attention to detail, organization and the ability to work cross-functionally
• Results-oriented, customer-focused and enthusiastic, with a serious commitment to excellence
• Experience managing day-to-day relationship with brand leadership
• Ability to travel to at least two major trade shows a year (Nashville, TN and Anaheim, CA)
• The ability to lift 15-20 pound boxes/product to a height of 3-4 feet to set up for events.
About the company:
Since 1963 Korg USA Inc. has been a sales and marketing leader in the music industry as the exclusive US distributor of the world’s finest brands such as Korg, VOX, Blackstar, Spector, Lâg, Tanglewood, Waldorf, Crush Drums, RightOn! Straps, Sakae, Stay Stands, and Sequenz. The company is committed to inspiring all musicians and bringing the most innovative products and technologies to the US market, from electronic instruments, DJ and production tools, keyboards, synthesizers, amplifiers, guitars, tuners, strings and more. With established brands rich in heritage and longevity, Korg USA is dedicated to exceeding the needs and expectations of its retail partners and maintaining its position as a trusted source for the industry.
A wholly-owned subsidiary of Korg Inc. in Japan, Korg USA's headquarters in Melville, NY houses our warehousing and distribution, customer service, marketing, product support, accounting and executive operations for the entire U.S., all under one roof.
>>> Click on Apply Now to be taken to the application page.