Company: Academy Music Group
Location: O2 Academy Sheffield
Reports to: Bars Manager
Working hours: 40hrs per week
O2 Academy Sheffield are looking for an Assistant Bars Manager to ensure the smooth running on a day to day basis of bar operations, staff employment and stock control at O2 Academy Sheffield.
- Duty Bar Managing the majority of shows, take the lead in monitoring bars on show nights and ensuring they are clean.
- Estimating demand and ordering all bar supplies including beer (draught and bottled), cellar gas, spirits and wines, plastic glasses and other secondary bar goods.
- Management of the safe, cashing up tills, counting take and preparing floats. Ensuring all bars have a good supply of change.
- Receiving bar deliveries and the distribution of beer cases and bar goods within the venue. Stocking bars with spirits, beers and glasses.
- Completing purchase order forms for goods received.
- Aiding with stock-takes when required
- Cellar management.
- Changing barrels, gas bottles and post-mix on show nights.
- Ensure cellars, coolers and post-mix is maintained.
- Cleaning of all beer lines within the venue.
- Preparing and opening bars and ensuring the smooth running of bars during the show.
- Ensuring all voids and wastage are recorded.
- Aiding with staffing and staff liaison.
- Cellar maintenance and bar security.
- Other reasonable duties as and when required.
- Be responsible for putting together rotas for evening staff for the venue’s upcoming events.
- Liaising with the marketing department to push show specific offers
Skills / Knowledge / Experience
- Personal licence holder
- Ability to work in a team
- Line management of staff
- Administration and competent in the use of Microsoft Office applications – specifically Excel
- Finance and cash handling
- Recruitment and training of staff
- Good communicator, with a strong desire to learn new skills
- Able to work to deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Able to manage situations with tact and diplomacy
- Can identify problems and develop solutions
- Able to work flexible and unsocial hours including evenings, nights, weekends, bank holidays and New Year’s Eve.
- Enthusiastic about live music and club events
If you are interested in this role please apply by Sunday 17th November.
>>> Click on Apply Now to be taken to the application page.