Who we are: Sofar Sounds reimagines live events through curated, secret performances in intimate settings in more than 420+ cities around the world! We are growing swiftly, helping more artists in more cities. As we expand, we are looking for ambitious and innovative individuals (like you!) to join our team.
Haven’t been to one of our shows yet? No worries! Find one in your city here. Want to see more? Catch mind-blowing live performances on our YouTube channel.
About the role: As a member of Sofar Crew, you will lend a hand in the creation of the magic while working directly with our events. Sofar Crew is a part time role that sits on the local city team and reports to the Assistant Director. The Sofar city team is responsible for coordinating and executing all city events. You will work to ensure our events are executed with the utmost quality and consistency. You will ensure our events are rewarding for ambassadors, memorable for artists, and unforgettable for the host and audience.
What you’ll do:
- Act as the main point of contact at the event and enthusiastically and kindly represent Sofar to all artists, guests, hosts, and brand ambassadors at the show.
- Support the amazing artists performing at Sofar by helping them make the most out of their gig - this can include helping to sell and promote merch, driving signups to their mailing list and socials, assisting with gear setup and more.
- Work closely with the host and other Sofar crew to set up and run the event, ensuring everything runs smoothly, safely, and on time.
- Connect with guests by welcoming them as they arrive, MCing the show, and fostering a communal environment at the show.
- Assist with administrative and organizational responsibilities necessary for day of event execution.
- Work directly with local city director for shift assignments and monthly scheduling.
- Coordinate transportation of event supplies to and from events.
- Complete a detailed event recap form to share important feedback with the City Team.
- Opportunities for general city team support including artist and venue scouting, and more.
- Get out and see some live music!
Who you are:
- Experienced in producing live music events or events in general
- A musician or experienced in working closely with musicians in a live setting
- Available and excited to work nights and weekends, and between 3-5 events per month
- Willing and eager to travel to various areas of the local metropolitan area
- You have super strong interpersonal and customer service skills, especially in fast-paced situations
- Able to wear many hats and take on varied tasks and projects
- You have previous experience with Sofar and a strong interest in music
- A love or, desire to improve, public speaking
- You are CPR/First Aid Certified
- Eligible for employment in the US
Working here: Our team is made up of music lovers across the globe who are committed to our mission of artist exposure and making live music more attainable for all.
At Sofar, we embrace diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are inclusive. The more we live this, the better our work will be.
>>> Click on Apply Now to be taken to the application page.