What's next in music is first on SoundCloud. As the world’s largest open audio platform, SoundCloud is powered by a connected community of creators, listeners and curators who share, discover and influence what’s new, now and next in music and audio.
The Brand Partnerships team mission is to build long-term client relationships through a demonstrated understanding of key industry advertising verticals, client business goals and challenges, strategic partnership recommendations, mutually beneficial ideas and measureable results. We’re seeking a Sales Strategist to support our US advertising business.
As an individual contributor, you will be responsible for influencing customer conversations through strategic storytelling, actionable insights and creative ideas for positive growth and relationship outcomes. You will partner with cross-functional teams to lead the development of insights driven, persuasive marketing solutions for our most strategic accounts, leveraging SoundCloud’s products and platforms. We advise clients on SoundCloud’s broad range of custom solutions online and offline to help them build custom, integrated programs that achieve their objectives and connect seamlessly with their audiences.
SoundCloud partners closely with many of the world’s biggest advertisers and agencies to develop digital solutions that build strong businesses and brands. We enjoy a bird’s eye view on the massive transformation occurring as advertising shifts to mobile and online platforms. We're uniquely situated to help shape how companies grow their businesses in the digital age.
- Partner with SoundCloud/Pandora sales teams to develop competitive, persuasive sales/marketing solutions and integrated marketing programs to meet/exceed Brand and Agency objectives and drive revenue
- Create smart, integrated proposals and sales collateral in response to qualified proactive opportunities and RFP requests; Develop the story, strategically frame approach, develop creative ideas and leverage SoundCloud’s solution suite, product expertise and internal relationships to bring together these proposals
- Leverage market expertise to help proactively drive conversations with advertisers through big idea thinking and first to market concepts
- Turn SoundCloud and market data into insights to support marketing stories and solution recommendations
- Assume leadership role in creation of ideas and concepts across multiple cross-functional teams, ensuring all relevant teams are activated at the right time during the sales cycle
- Serve as a collaborator between Sales and all of our internal support teams by building strong relationships and working closely with each of them (e.g., Artist Marketing, Events, Design, Ad Innovation Sales, Brand & Content Creative, Legal, Listener Marketing, Research, Revenue, etc.)
- Manage and position communication optimally for the audience/situation at hand
- Present proposals both internally and in client meetings with strong energy and confidence to own the room/conversation
- 4-5+ years relevant experience in digital sales development, integrated marketing, sales marketing or related media or marketing function
- Publisher or Agency experience preferred
- Proven experience in developing strategic, creative and integrated proposals/marketing recommendations for brands with a digital/mobile focus
- Solid understanding of web and mobile marketing, including advertising sales and consumer marketing
- Experience developing programs utilizing experiential (event-based) marketing preferred
- Can harness a variety of inputs to develop consumer understanding, distinguishing between information and insight; Is able to quickly identify insights that address issues at hand, set the right stage and drive revenue growth
- Experience utilizing syndicated research, including eMarketer, ComScore and Kantar
- Highly team oriented with a collaborative spirit
- Ability to build strong working relationships with internal team members and industry partners
- An articulate professional with exemplary written and oral communication skills, as this position is required to develop original written content and the demonstrated ability to present in high-profile group environments
- Highly proactive, solution-oriented, autonomous and resourceful
- Detail-oriented and ability to excel in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Expert proficiency at PowerPoint; proficiency in Photoshop preferred
- Travel (5-10% of the time)
- LOVE OF MUSIC
Diversity at SoundCloud
SoundCloud is for everyone. Diversity and open expression are fundamental to our organization; they help us build a social platform and global community where anyone can create, discover, and share sounds. We acknowledge the challenges in our industry, and strive to develop an inclusive culture where everyone can contribute.
We’re international! We operate in the US, Berlin and London and all of our communication is in English.
We have a flexible, friendly and inclusive office environment in Union Square
Our environment is a learning one, with specific focus on development, including a professional development allowance.
Interested in a gym membership, photography course or book? We have a Creativity and wellness benefit!
Lunch twice a week, plus countless snacks and goodies!
>>> Click on Apply Now to be taken to the application page.