Reports to: Co-CEO
Time: 1 year fixed term contract, maternity cover, full time
This fixed term contract is a Maternity Cover and will last a minimum 1 year.
The Head of Content is responsible for leading and managing RA’s Content Team including the ever growing Contributor Network, which supports local scenes across the world through local content and editorial, accurate and up to date event listings and a focus on local artists, labels and promoters. The Content Team consists of both freelance and full time staff. A primary function of this role is to manage and develop this international team to maximising its output.
The Head Of Content is responsible for overseeing the quality and accuracy of information across the entire platform, with an extra focus on the management and maintenance of the user generated content sections like artist, label, venue and event pages.This role oversees both front and backend of the website, ensuring it is constantly evaluated and updated to improve the user experience and optimize flow and usability for staff and users alike. The Head of Content is the driving force behind how we manage content and the right person for this role will ensure Resident Advisor is constantly improving.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Executing the 2020 strategy for the Content Department
- Executing and reviewing yearly strategy for RA Japan with the local team.
- Implement the Contributor Network development plan for 2020.
- Management of internal content team and their development.
- Work with Content Manager and Sr. Product Manager to introduce new tech to improve content management.
- Create localisation strategy including translations.
- Support Content Manager in managing content across the platform.
- Participate and contribute to quarterly roadmap meetings and insure that significant improvements for Content are prioritised.
- Oversee management of club pages
- Oversee label, artist and promoter pages
- Work with Content Manager to improve event submission, auto approval tool and back end content management.
- Management of Country Managers.
- Management of RA Japan including overseeing budget, team and staff development.
- Management of the Local Contributor program and maximising its impact.
- Oversee RA event picks from Country and City Managers.
- Hiring and on-boarding new Country and City Managers.
- Oversee the editorialisation of RA’s venue descriptions.
- Improve social media coverage of local scenes with social media manager.
- In-depth understanding of the RA site and its various user features and content.
- 3+ years of team management experience.
- Previous experience with a Content Management System.
- Previous experience in managing an international team.
- Previous experience with project management.
- Previous experience in managing freelancers and full time staff.
- In-depth knowledge of the most relevant and popular electronic music artists, labels, venues, promoters and events.
- Our passion is our profession.
- We are independent and we support independence.
- We support local scenes.
- We treat dance music as an art form.
- We champion the values of acceptance that underpin dance music culture.
- We care about the past, present and future of electronic music.
- We choose honesty over gain.
- We're always front left.
>>> Click on Apply Now to be taken to the application page.