With over 151 Million subscribers enjoying great content in over 190 countries, it is an exciting time to work at Netflix. Our international efforts have brought Netflix around the globe to virtually all countries and we are excited to bring even more of our Originals programming to our viewers around the globe.
Netflix seeks a seasoned Music, Innovation and Solutions Manager to join the Music Business & Legal Affairs Team as part of the Music Group based in Los Angeles, London, Berlin, Tokyo, Amsterdam & Sao Paulo. The Music Group consists of Business & Legal Affairs, Music Creative Production, and Marketing Music.
The Music Business and Legal Affairs team has four distinct verticals: studio; distribution; marketing; data, technology & rights management. The first three verticals encompass the global production of Netflix Originals (commissioning composers and engaging other music talent and services, negotiating licenses with production music libraries, music publishers and record labels), and the distribution of Netflix content to customers all over the world (negotiating and managing licenses with collective management organisations). This role is part of the fourth vertical, Data, Technology & Rights Management, which is integral to every part of our work on music licensing, and is based in Los Angeles. It includes: cue sheet management systems; contract administration systems; financial & other performance metrics; publishing catalogue administration & royalty payments; systems design; workflow optimization; music licensing analysis, asset management, soundtrack administration and more.
The successful candidate will be the hub between the various functions comprising the broader Music Group. He or she will have a direct influence on how music at Netflix operates. The Music Innovation and Solutions Manager’s responsibility is to identify the needs of the collective music group, plot the solutions, manage the execution and ensure adoption across the entire Music Group. He or she will work closely with the Music Group to gain an in-depth understanding of the business workflows to identify and address operational, financial and technological opportunities/risks. Netflix is driving an innovative global approach to its management and licensing of music rights, and this exciting and challenging role will play an essential part in the implementation of our plans. He or she will join a diverse team of industry experts and will be expected to have a deep curiosity for the ins and outs of the music copyright ecosystem. The ideal candidate is someone who is looking to excel in an environment where freedom and responsibility
allows them to make an impact.
Reporting to the Director of Music Data, Tech & Rights, the Music Innovation and Solutions Manager will be based in Los Angeles and will be responsible for:
- Forming important operational and planning connections across the distinct Music teams at Netflix.
- Analyzing existing business processes and establishing new ones – you will design workflows, crafting innovative process improvements.
- Working in collaborative partnership with teams such as Legal, Finance, Creative, Marketing, Production, Product and Engineering.
- Building and maintaining knowledge of critical upstream/downstream systems and workflows.
- Advocating for and prioritizing the music teams requirements and identifying specific issues within wider projects.
- Working with the Product and Engineering teams to derive business requirements as they relate to product functionality within the Music group,
- Steering new applications and enhancements to existing applications that could increase the productivity of the team.
- Evaluating, testing, implementing and supporting technology solutions.
- Collaborating in the overall strategic direction of the music technology roadmap as part of the larger legal operations and technology strategy.
- Being a trusted subject matter authority.
The desired candidate will have:
5+ years in the areas of operations, tech operations, solutions management, or tech program management. Technology or entertainment company experience preferred.
Hands on experience of project management and working with engineering teams and managing a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders.
Ability to work effectively cross-functionally, think proactively, and drive results.
Experience working with internal and external department technology solutions.
Excellent analytical, problem-solving, oral and written communication skills.
Proven track record of breaking down complex processes and identifying key pain points in order to deliver business improvements at a global level.
Ability to work well under pressure with diligence, organization, and minimal supervision.
Flexible amid an ever-changing and growing environment.
Nice to have: Practical knowledge of the music industry (e.g., Music Licensing; Music Production; Music asset management).
Nice to have: Experience manipulating and analyzing complex data with SQL, Tableau or Excel.
>>> Click on Apply Now to be taken to the application page.