As a Booking Agent, your main role is to provide performance opportunities to artists on a roster established prior to engaging with the agency as well as artists procured or assigned after engagement. Expert knowledge of the music industry and keeping in touch with current music trends is essential, as is amassing an applicable network of contacts in the music industry as it pertains to Surefire Agency’s roster and perspective.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Scout and represent a roster of performing artists. Solicit and negotiate performances primarily in the American territories (US, CA, LATAM).
- Build touring strategies to increase your roster’s exposure within the music scene and industry.
- Work closely with promoters and artist managers to execute best event strategy for artists.
- Provide sales goals & projections aligned with company mandate.
- Assist operations in issuing contracts, collecting deposits/balances and circulating artist promotional materials.
- Maintain sales records and tour books, report earnings.
- Attend weekly Friday agents meetings.
- Attend weekly 1on1 meetings with Senior Agent.
- Attend bi-weekly Surefire All Hands meetings.
- Attend industry events & conferences with the goals of representing the agency, extending our network, and fostering business relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred (in Music, Music Business or Communications)
- At least 2 years of prior Booking Agent experience
- In-depth knowledge of electronic music landscape is a MUST
- Existing roster of applicable and active artists preferred
- Experience in the American territories is mandatory (US, CA, LATAM) work in other parts of the world is preferred.
- Strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Able to thrive under pressure and adapt to a changing environment
- Technologically fluent and familiar with Google Suite applications, booking CRM software, Slack, Asana, and Airtable (preferred)
- Must be available on Slack to answer team messages
- Must have a working personal laptop and phone
- May be requested to work some evenings (i.e. meeting a client before & during a show, nighttime networking events)
- Must be able to travel for important industry and Company events
- Living in SF Bay Area or Los Angeles preferred